My rant

mcmurphy12

Would it kill people to use proper grammar and at least attempt to spell words correctly? Acronyms, on the other hand, are completely acceptable as long as they are not overused. An overused acronym, for example, would be LOL. I am positive you are not laughing out loud at everything. Instead, use LQTM (laughing quietly to myself). Or, if your laughter is audible, but not loud, try LSLTQLTM (laughing slightly louder than quietly to myself).

This is my rant and also evidence proving my lack of a social life.

This is my rant and also evidence proving my lack of a social life.
not at all & your point on English instead of treating the forum as a child's TXT messaging system is well founded, IMO (err in my opinion).

lolomgwtfbbq!!! :stickout:

In all seriousness, though, I am quite insistent that people use proper grammar, at the very least in real life. I'm a little more lenient on the web but sometimes it can get to me, especially run-on sentences the size of a paragraph.

Mcmurphy12 said:
Or, if your laughter is audible, but not loud, try LSLTQLTM (laughing slightly louder than quietly to myself).

I'm all for a rant on people not using correct grammer, but a person substituting "LOL" when having a chuckle, for the longer more literally appropriate "LSLTQLTM" is gunna get some serious raised eyebrows amoung your mates.

I'm all for a rant on people not using correct grammer, but a person substituting "LOL" when having a chuckle, for the longer more literally appropriate "LSLTQLTM" is gunna get some serious raised eyebrows amoung your mates.

Yes, that could prove to be true, but I was just looking for some alternatives to "LOL." Some variation would be nice.

I believe those would work well. Also, emoticons are amazing. They bring color to your world on depressing days ...

"LMAO" and "ROFL" are even more powerfull than "LOL". Nobody actually rolls around the floor laughing do they?

I just like to use a simple "ha ha" for a small laugh sometimes...But i think my favorite has got to be the same as Leeky --> :haha:

There is a very real danger of this becoming a serious discussion... :D

"LMAO" and "ROFL" are even more powerfull than "LOL". Nobody actually rolls around the floor laughing do they?

'Tis very true. But in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with them as long as you're actually rolling on the floor, which, like you said, probably never happens.

I just like to use a simple "ha ha" for a small laugh sometimes...

I agree, but sometimes a simple "Ha" will even suffice.

Although I have questioned my mental stability once or twice, I think I am okay. I have been stranded in my house for the past four days. That can make a person go insane.

Although I have questioned my mental stability once or twice, I think I am okay. I have been stranded in my house for the past four days. That can make a person go insane.

Its all mental toughness. I spent over a year stuck inside due to my back injury. I'm still sane, I think! :haha:

If your walking around like the character Johnny Depp plays in Pirates of the Caribbean I'd say you got issues though... ;)

I am definitely not walking around like "Captain Jack Sparrow" ... I think. I got out of the house today, so I should be okay. Yay school ... :zzz:

Actually, worse than overusing acronyms is using rare ones without definition, so few understand them.

Advice:

Never use TLAs! *

* Three-Letter Acronym (LOL) ;)

I was gone from school yesterday and I sent e-mails to my teachers to get the assignments. My English teacher sent me the following e-mail (he is also my History teacher).

Read through chapter 4 in Mockingbird. Quiz tomorrow. Quiz today over Vocab. 8 History read section 3. Took quiz section 2 today.

Apparently it's okay to use fragments in e-mails.

I feel your pain. I have been largely housebound for six months while my wife tries to recover from injuries as a result of getting hit by a drunken, texting, *****. Just make sure you surface once in a while to gain some 'perspective' on things. Otherwise you can get caught in a solipsistic funk...and begin to have arguments with small appliances...oh dear...I've said to much :haha:

LOL.

Only kidding. I think at times it's appropriate other times it's not. But, proper spelling and grammar, at least as best you can, is always best. >_<

Back