Mysterious Lag Spikes in Offline and Online Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaKyleOrton

For the past few weeks I've been getting these mysterious lag spikes when I play games. These spikes occur both offline and online, so it is not an internet connection issue. I updated both my audio and video drivers recently, and also performed a system restore to a time when I know the spikes were not there. I've run numerous virus/spyware scans with numerous programs, and no luck. The activity light on my computer does not flash or otherwise indicate activity when the spikes occur.

The first spike occurs about 2 or 3 minutes into gameplay, and lasts for about a minute at a time. Subsequent spikes occur at approximately one minute intervals and last for the same amount of time. The lag reduces gameplay from about 30-40 FPS to 1-2 FPS.

I also ran a dxdiag. If any of you would like to see it, please say so and I will post it.

Please help, I'd really like to be able to play my games again.

Did this problem occur before or after you installed the audio and graphics drivers? If after, try uninstalling them from the Add and Remove Programs (XP and earlier) and reinstalling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back