'N580GTX Twin Frozer ll' problems

So I've owned my computer for about five months (purchased from Overclockers) and as of yesterday the Graphics Card has began playing up. Please Help!!

As stated above it is a 'N580GTX Twin Frozer ll' from MSi. My computer randomly crashes during games or films (eg from you tube), sometimes recovering and other times forcing me to perform a hard restart. I CAN go for long periods of time playing games (eg Skyrim) without any notable problems. The following message comes up 'Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 responding and has successfully recovered', I've tried updating it to the 2.9 beta and dropping down to the previous version but this is all I can think of to solve the issue, any solutions would be appreciated! Thanks

A few other specs about my computer:

Kingston HyperX Blu4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 PC3-12800c9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G)
Intel Core i3 550 3.20GHz (Clarkdale) (Socket LGA1156) (4gz Overclocked)
Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard

My power supply is an OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W POWER SUPPLY

So I've owned my computer for about five months (purchased from Overclockers) and as of yesterday the Graphics Card has began playing up. Please Help!!

As stated above it is a 'N580GTX Twin Frozer ll' from MSi. My computer randomly crashes during games or films (eg from you tube), sometimes recovering and other times forcing me to perform a hard restart. I CAN go for long periods of time playing games (eg Skyrim) without any notable problems. The following message comes up 'Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 responding and has successfully recovered', I've tried updating it to the 2.9 beta and dropping down to the previous version but this is all I can think of to solve the issue, any solutions would be appreciated! Thanks

A few other specs about my computer:

Kingston HyperX Blu4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 PC3-12800c9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G)
Intel Core i3 550 3.20GHz (Clarkdale) (Socket LGA1156) (4gz Overclocked)
Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard

My power supply is an OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W POWER SUPPLY

Must be some driver problem. Uninstall the Nvidia software and drivers then go to device manager to see if you can see your card or Universal plug and play adapter, right click and uninstall. Reboot and do a windows update, it should install the drivers. Now go to nvidia.com and download the latest stable drivers (not beta ones). Now download the latest Directx from Microsoft.com and install.

This should work-if not, you are probably having some software conflicts. The video card is just fine IMO, nothing to worry about.

Back