Need a forum for questions about problems browsing the web

JNygren

I see that questions about web browsing problems are being posted under the "TechSpot OpenBoards > TechSpot Editorial and Site Feedback > Site Feedback and Suggestions" forum. This does not seem to be the right place, but they don't fit under any of the other existing forums or sub-forums either. I would like to suggest creating a new sub-forum under either "Operating Systems and Software" or "Tech Support", or maybe create a new top level forum, for topics related to browsers and browsing the web. I think this would help to keep browsing issues, and the responses to them, in one place so people can find them.

The site feedback forum is only for TechSpot related issues, suggestions and troubleshooting.

Can you give an example of a problem browsing the web? If it's a browser-related problem (and non-malware) it should go in the software & utilities forum:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu17.html

Hi again,

Many people are experiencing problems with web pages that never finish loading. Until the page is loaded, the print dialog will not open when you select 'File - Print', and clicking on links on the page does nothing. Usually the status bar displays "Waiting for (URL)..." The URL I see most frequently is ad.doubleclick.net, but there are many others, too. Most everything on the page has been rendered, so it is not clear what we are 'waiting' for. If I click the 'red X' (stop loading this page) then everything works again. I was looking for info or advice on this problem.

OK, now I'm really confused! I know a few days ago I found a few threads (e.g. "Loading a page never finishes", "Very slow web page loading (or non-existent)", etc.) in the "TechSpot OpenBoards > TechSpot Editorial and Site Feedback > Site Feedback and Suggestions" forum. That was the reason for my post about a more appropriate forum. Today these same threads are in appropriate "Operating Systems and Software > Windows OS" forums. I don't get it! Did something change, or am I just losing my mind?

Members sometimes post their questions in the wrong forums and moderators can move them but we don't find them all. Placing web browser questions in the correct forum is not an exact science either. Depending on the phrasing of the question and the nature of the problem, it might point to a hardware problem rather than a software issue even though the problem might manifest itself through a browser. For another example, just because a problem results in no image on the monitor doesn't mean it is a graphics problem per se. There are many possible causes.

Despite everyone's best efforts posts will continue to be found in the wrong forums. It's not a perfect world.

Back