Need help buying a good laptop

Jessy12

After years of sharing the malfunctioning family computer, I am finally looking into buying my own computer, preferably a laptop. I'm no wizard with buying computers so I don't know what is a good deal and what is not. I want a computer that will be able to play games, access the internet, etc. etc. with no problem at all. I'm currently looking at this computer: Compaq 15.4" Laptop featuring Pentium Dual Core Processor T2370 (C769CA). The first line, which I'm thinking is a good indication, says: "With an Intel Pentium Dual Core processor T2370 and 3GB of memory". Any suggestions out there
g.php
?

Any suggestions out there

Don't buy a laptop unless it's a MUST for your work or lifestyle or unless your going to shell out $$$ for a Macbook Pro. 90% of PC laptops can't be upgraded except for RAM and HDD, service is expensive, they are a pain to clean internally and cooling is always an issue. Save yourself the hassle and build a desktop. It will be cheaper in the long run, you will enjoy games more, it will be a much faster GPU and CPU and you don't have to buy a new computer in 4-5 years since you can just upgrade certain parts and get $ back by selling your old quality parts. Just a thought to put in your head.

There are almost as many opinions as there are laptops... and the failure rates are remarkably high... the number of dead, unrepairable laptops more than three years old that come into our shops is truly astonishing... doesn't matter how expensive they were... Used to be you could depend on Thinpads, anyway, but no more... and they the big, expensive HP, Dell, Acer... are even worse...

We wonder: Is it the cooling or the dirt and lint... or the components, or the motherboards which seem to warp in the southwest climates of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah.

Somebody should do a study... or issue a law that requires laptops to last seven years.

I agree with Buckshot420, if you want to do things like play games and any more demanding tasks, unless you need a laptop for mobility (ie. taking it place to place - they're hardly built to run on their batteries for long periods!), if you're a student or an agency worker, for example, then build a decent desktop. I built a desktop some four and a half years ago now, and mine's still going strong (well... it's getting random BSODs at the moment, but hopefully that will be sorted soon!)

I'm sure the people on here would help you pick out all the components and everything, it's like putting together LEGO. Electronic LEGO. :)

Back