Need help w Samsung 940 monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nork

I just installed a Samsung 940, which is a 19 in widescreen lcd. I am running win xp and i only have properties\adaptor and then either "list all modes" or "properties". Either way, i can't see any place to change the resolution to its native resolution of 1440 x 900. In "list all modes" it shows many different resolutions all the way up to 1900 but not 1440. So can anyone help me with this, please?

My level of skill is pretty good in general, but I know very little about video stuff as i am not a gamer and often have relied on the video built into the mobo.

I am running win xp pro sp1 w a gig of ddr ram, version 3.73 of power strip, 64 mb version of nvidia geforce mx 400 in pci format. The power strip is registered but i dont know what to do there or how to force 1440 x 900, so can
anyone help me with this?

I dont care if the help comes thru windows or thru power strip, I would just like to get this resolved.

Thank you

try going to the properties and under the settings tab there should be a screen resolution setting bar that you can slide through the resolutions, are the current drivers installed for the monitor?

nork, I think if u will install the drivers for the monitor then u will get the correct setting for the monitor. I run a fancy Dell flat screen that is a 23 in. and before I install the drivers it will not adjust right.

I installed the drivers as soon as i installed the monitor. The native resolution of 1440 x 900 didnt show up. There were and still are resolutions right up to 1920 x 1200 but no 1440 x 900.
Then i installed powerstrip and made a custom resolution of 1440 x 900 but when i use that resolution i get the error messages and black screen that i mentioned above.
So the monitor drivers and nvidia drivers were installed a while back and powerstrip was only installed yesterday. Thats when the new resolution of 1440 x 900 was created but it doesnt work as i keep getting error messages and black screen as described in my first post.

thanks

I am going to uninstall powerstrip, the nvidia drivers, and the monitor drivers and then re-install them all one at a time. There must be something, like a corrupt driver, causing my problems.

Update:

Well, powerstrip popped up on bootup, which it hasnt for about a week. Anyway, it asked me something about my refresh rate. So i opened up powerstrip and went into display profiles\configure and i set the refresh rate to 60mhz. Powerstrip asked me if i wanted windows or powerstrip to handle the refresh rate and i chose windows as i had problems with powerstrip handling anything at all. Now all of a sudden i get the resolution i want, the native resolution of 1440x900. The only problem is that i only get a refresh rate of 60 hz. On my desktop, which is blue, its not noticeable, but here at techspot i see a "blinking" as if the monitor is refreshing, so that means the refresh rate is too low, but there is no other setting for refresh rate in dispay properties, only the 60 hz and thats all.
So i think i will still uninstall everything and start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back