Need help with 0xc0000135

learninmypc

I googled it & amongst the replies, I did this
Perform clean boot and check if you have the issue.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then pressENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then clickDisable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.
If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Reset the computer to start as usual
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then pressENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or clickContinue.
On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then clickOK.
When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
I rebooted the laptop & it said "something happened, you need to re do PIN, I clicked it but it did not let me, I rebooted & same thing so I shut down laptop & now it will not boot up.Nothing, please help.Its a HP STREAM laptop

[HEADING=2]People also ask
[/HEADING]

Why is F8 not working for Safe Mode?

The reason is that Microsoft has reduced the time period for the F8 key to almost zero interval (less than 200 milliseconds). As a result, people almost can't press the F8 key within such a short period of time, and there is little chance to detect the F8 key to invoke the boot menu and then start Safe Mode.

To help I have to assume a lot of things I don't know the answer to. I gather this is Windows 10 (Which is why F8 doesn't work) and I gather this is not a new installation. it just started crashing for no reason with a blue screen error code? This Pin code sounds like a Microsoft Account thing. Are you using a Microsoft Account to login? Perhaps you can try using a password to login instead (it's just a different choice than the Pin number).

In my experience sudden crashing of a computer suggests failed or failing RAM or HDD. Sometimes it is a heat issue and sometimes it is damage to the mainboard via moisture or failure of a motherboard component. I need my microscope to see the faults on the mainboard since everything is so tiny.

Will answer in order you replied.
Its W11, HP Stream laptop. When I first saw the error code, I went to Windows Update & clicked check for update, nothing was found so I did a reset to factory but keep files but that did not work so I did a FULL reset wiping it clean. Still error code showed up so I started trouble shooting myself. Links posted are NOT in order I did them.
No MS account to login, PIN code only.
As it sits right now, it boots up to login screen but says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. " I click it & nothing happens.

A PIN code request is part of a Microsoft Account login. I don't know what else would request a Pin code. I Googled that error you are seeing and I found this:

Turn off your PC

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button on the casing of your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Please try each option one at a time, then see if Windows will boot . . .

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair
See if Windows startup can repair itself

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore
Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to

If you do not have a Restore Point, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode
Once in Safe Mode, backup your data if you do not already have a backup
Open Device Manager and check to make sure all your drivers are up to date
Reboot to see if Windows will start Normally

If the above fails, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC
Choose to keep your files and apps, just your files or to keep nothing
Then start the Reset

This is the source of the info:

Did this exactly "
Turn off your PC

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button on the casing of your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice
Got to login screen & nothing else

I just found a screenshot picture of ORIGINAL error, it says "HpseuHostLauncher.exe - Application error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135).
Click ok to close the application.
I'd click ok & continue using the laptop us usual till I had to re boot/boot up & then it would show again. repeat, repeat, repeat.

You could test RAM with Memtest86 from Passmark. 4 passes of this proves you have stability in that area and would prove you likely do not have heat issues since it works the CPU pretty hard too.

Don't hesitate to replace the HDD with an SSD. I prefer the Samsung Evo for its rock-solid reliability (not the cheapest for sure). Rebuild Windows from a fresh install.

You could test RAM with Memtest86 from Passmark. 4 passes of this proves you have stability in that area and would prove you likely do not have heat issues since it works the CPU pretty hard too.

Don't hesitate to replace the HDD with an SSD. I prefer the Samsung Evo for its rock-solid reliability (not the cheapest for sure). Rebuild Windows from a fresh install.
Neither is possible since I cannot get to desktop nor can I get to the inside to replace harddrive. No CD/DVD Drive, USB only. Need to find a way to bypass PIN login.The laptop is just over a year old, looking for receipt.

Problem potentially/possibly solved. I found out that by tap tap tapping the esc button continuously it brings up a menu, long story short, the laptop is 35% resetting to factory settings. If need be, I will live with the screen shot error code

YES, headache over. Still getting same error message but will live with it for now.

Looks like it is an HP process and that it requires .Net 3.5.:

There are some recent patches for that from Microsoft

Even if I could run mentest there is no way to add extra, same with harddrive, no access & I refuse to open this laptop up. Thanks for the help, I have run MS updates & got what was available.

Back