Need help with BSODs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around a week ago, I started getting BSODs every time I tried turning my PC on. Windows would go as far as the welcome screen, and then the BSOD would appear. It's the same error each time too:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm currently running Unbuntu Linux from a CD, which is how I'm able to post this, and I have another PC in the house running Windows just fine. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this? So far I've tried virus scans in safe mode, and re-creating the paging file, but to no avail.

Here are my PC's specs, if that helps:

Dell Dimension 5000
3.00ghz Intel P4 HT Processor
1gb ram
nVidia Geforce 6800 256mb PCI express 16x
Windows XP Home Edition SP2

If you need any more info, please ask, and bear in mind I'll only be able to work in safe mode while trying to fix the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance. I'll probably be posting this on a few more forums too, to get the problem solved quicker.

sounds similar to me a year ago, while the bsod keeps appearing. have you checked your minidump or event log about why is the bsod happening? if you can found any log showing, find the specific ".dll" name and search it via safe mode, usually by deleting the specific item on the log could fix.. hope it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back