Need help with building a Gaming PC

So I’m saving money to buy a Gaming pc and you usually have to get the parts and assemble them yourself but unfortunately that sort of thing isn’t available here where I live and PCs come pre-built from brands like Dell HP and etc.. and I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 was wondering if I could upgrade it with RAM and GPU

What are the current specifications for your Dell Optiplex 9010? What games (please be specific - because it helps better determine your situation) are you going to be playing?
Looking up information leads to multiple different configurations. But to answer your question, yes. You can upgrade the RAM and GPU, but you will have limitations. First off, you have a limited wattage on your current power supply (Depending on model, you have one of 7 different power supplies ranging from 200W to 275W). So if you are adding a more powerful graphics card you may not have enough "juice" to run the whole system after installing. You also have a "form factor" chassis. This means that you, can most likely, only fit a Low Profile video card into this computer.

I'll really appreciate it if you name an specific model which suits my 500$ budget and can cop with a good graphic card, something like a gtx 750. if its just about the PSU no problem I can get a 500wats.

Do you have the mini-tower (MT), Desktop (DT), Small From Factor (SFF) or Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF) case? Most Dell Optiplex 9010 models that I have come across are the SFF models. Just have to confirm what you have before anything can be suggested. This will determine what the maximum dimensions will be on the video card.

Back