Need helping pick out a new video card that's compatible with my motherboard

Bit confused, that's a PCIe which you will need for any modern card and as a 6850 owner I'm having no frame rate issues with Skyrim. What resolution are you trying to play at? What are the problems you are encountering?

Oh no, I haven't personally bought Skyrim yet, but I ran Skyrim and Saints Row The Third on CanYouRunIt.com (as I do with all my games before I buy them) and with both of them the recommended Video RAM WAS 1GB, while I only have 734MB. The rest of my computer surpasses the normal recommended requirements.

But I suppose if you're saying you have no trouble with it, maybe I have nothing to worry about. Do you run on max settings or something slightly lower?

I personally run Skyrim on customized settings but it's pretty much everything maxed minus shadow and I tone down AA as those tend to be the biggest performance killers. You'll have to find a balance of what works best for you at whatever resolution you play. I use 1680x1050 so most games on the market I can max out with some AA balance.

Bethesda recommends an Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB for best performance and the 6850 exceeds that and is a 1GB card. So given whatever CPU you have (assuming i5 2500k) paired with that card and you'll be fine.

Back