need info about XP_ X64

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoray

Hi everybody, I just want to install Win XP_ SP2 64bits, but I wonder after installing this X64 version, if I can install my software wich workrd on my XP_SP2 32bits, I mean does the softwares available at the moment for 32bits work for the Win XP 64bits???, please advise me

That's correct.

Personally, unless you decide to go 64-bit all the way, I wouldn't get within a country mile of it. There's no real benefit for most people and the problems + inconveniences are numerous.

i try it a 6-8 months ago on A8N-E/3600+ system. The only problem was with the drivers for HP Color LJ 2600n, just not available at the moment. All the other stuff was working fine - games, aps, devices. After a week in attempts to solve the problem i decide to turn back to 32 bit edition.
For that you need to maintain compatibility check before installing and see for possible problems.
Regards

I agree with the folks above. I have XP64 on a Asus MB and a AMD 3800x2. Very fast machine but there are problems getting drivers for peripherals. My old HP Laser printer works fine but my HP ink does not and HP hasn't come up with a 64bit driver yet. I haven't heard of or found a DVDRW or even a CDWR that works with this OS. (I'd certainly appreciate anyone who has/knows of A DVD writer or CDRW that works)

Software I use without a hitch or problem:

MS Office 2000
Dreamweaver MX
Google Earth
FireFox (I also have a 64bit fireFox some websites don't work well with the 64bit version)
IE7 32 & 64bit
MOHAA, Spearhead, Breakthrough
Call of Duty
Call of Duty United Offensive does not install
Adaware
SpyBot
Spyware blaster
Avast anti-virus
Photoshop 6.1 (big speed boost from dual core)
Photoshop Elements

Probably easier to list what doesn't work!

In retrospect I would wait for the rollout of Vista and see how that goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back