Need some help upgrading

Hello all i currently have an inspiron 546 computer with a 0F896N motherboard and i am trying to upgrade my graphics card. I have been looking at an ati 6570 and my question is is this card compatable with my system? I do not know if this card will fit in my PCI slots, can someone please help me out?

It depends on whether your motherboard and case can accomodate it, and your Power Supply Unit can power it. I believe your mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot and the case appears large enough, so won't be a problem, but I'm not sure about the PSU.

P.s.: Darkspace, edit your thread title to 'need help upgrading graphic card'. That will make it easier for more experienced members to help you without having to wonder what exactly you want to upgrade. If people have to guess at it, some wont even bother to open it. Now that wont be helpful, right?

It depends on whether your motherboard and case can accomodate it, and your Power Supply Unit can power it. I believe your mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot and the case appears large enough, so won't be a problem, but I'm not sure about the PSU.

P.s.: Darkspace, edit your thread title to 'need help upgrading graphic card'. That will make it easier for more experienced members to help you without having to wonder what exactly you want to upgrade. If people have to guess at it, some wont even bother to open it. Now that wont be helpful, right?

thanks man, my PSU is 300W, the specs say to use a 400W but i heard a 300W can power it also.

Bear in mind that Crossfire/SLI requirements are different from standard requirements. If you plan to implement Crossfire, I don't think it'll be wise to do so on that PSU. If your PSU doesn't meet the single-GPU requirements, I don't think you should invest in that card. Atleast without investing in a 500W (approx) PSU first. That should give you more than enough headroom even in Crossfire mode. Otherwise you could go for a less demanding card, but I don't think it'll satisfy your requirements.
Anyway, give it thought. And consider your budget with respect to a better PSU and card
Good luck. :)

Back