Need tips on building a gaming computer

So recently I've decided to build my own gaming computer. My budget is about 750 and I've looked up all the items necessary to build a computer. But I have no idea whether or not the items I am looking at will go together or be any good. So I need some help.
Items
Mother Board: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate Socket LGA 1150 ATX Moth
CPU: [FONT=Verdana] Intel Core i5 4670k 3.4GHz Socket LGA 1150[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Ram: Kingston HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Mid Tower: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow ATX[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Hard Drive: Toshiba 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0GB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]SSD: Sandisk SDSSDP 064G -025 64GB SATA 6.0GB 2.5"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Graphics Card: Diamond 6570PE32G AMD Radeon HD 6570 2048MB GDDR3 PCle 2.1 Video Card[/FONT]
Heat Sink Cooler: Cooler MAster Hype Tx3 92mm HP CPU Cooler
Power Supply: Eagle Technologies Voltas X 600w ATX 12v

Heres the deal, after looking at your selections, they are all Pretty Good, however that Diamond 6570 is a very low end GPU that wont do very well for a gaming computer. With all that awesome components in your machine, that GPU would just not do it, let me see if I can make an alternative suggestion for you in areas to save money and get you a better card.

My advice (Yes I know these things are great, but) is to drop the SSD, at a 750 dollar budget, that just pushes the edges of a gaming machine too much and an SSD is going to take away from the total experiece of gaming due to other areas of teh machine getting suffocated. This is my Alternative/recommended price list based off your budget and sales/Deals that will be around at least a week.

FX-8350 $200 (Comes with a 20 Dollar newegg Giftcard with purchase!)
Gigabyte 990fx UD3 Board 137$ ($127 with a 10 dollar mail in rebate)
Thermaltake Commander Black (Could not find white on newegg) $39 ($29 with 10 Dollar Rebate)
Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1tb $69
Corsair CX600 $79 ($59 with a 20 Dollar Mail in rebate)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 $29 ($19 with 10 Dollar Rebate)
Patriot Viper 2x4gb 1600 $64

Now for GPU's with whats left of the budget, I suggest either of the following

GTX 650ti $129 (25 Dollar Rebate)
or
HD 7790 $129 (10 Dollar Rebate)
Both come in at the same price point and both these suggestions are the same style cooler/company (MSI)

Now if you really want an intel build, lets change out these two AMD parts and go with these instead
i5-3570k $219
MSI Z77 LGA 1155 Gaming $119 (10 Dollar Rebate) Also (Bought this exact board for a friend, its kick ***)

This is my suggestion to you, now if you really want to get a SSD, take the rebates, send them in, and take that money to invest in an SSD later, but otherwise, the machines listed here will perform very nicely in most modern games at 1080p resolution at med-high settings!

I hope this helps!

Yup, that GPU isn't for gaming. You need at least what is mentioned above.

My laptop has a 6570M. This thing kicks butt despite the bad specs xD. But yeah, that card is not good for hardcore gaming.

As for Ghostryders build, I kind of disagree with some components. I would downgrade the 8350 to a 6350 and save $60. The motherboard is fine. I personally like WD Black HDDs over seagates, but it doesnt matter. I think you should get a Hyper 212 Evo since it has a improved design over the Plus. Also, you can get Corsair (best RAM brand) Vengeance RAM (2x4GB) for $65 also. With the savings I gained you, you can upgrade the GPU to a 650Ti boost edition. The 7790 is another good option. The 650Ti (non boost) is weak though. Finally, get the Corsair TX650V2 for a PSU.

If you were to get a SSD in the future, stick with OCZ, Samsung, and Intel. Sandisks are not that great.

Heres the deal, after looking at your selections, they are all Pretty Good, however that Diamond 6570 is a very low end GPU that wont do very well for a gaming computer. With all that awesome components in your machine, that GPU would just not do it, let me see if I can make an alternative suggestion for you in areas to save money and get you a better card.

My advice (Yes I know these things are great, but) is to drop the SSD, at a 750 dollar budget, that just pushes the edges of a gaming machine too much and an SSD is going to take away from the total experiece of gaming due to other areas of teh machine getting suffocated. This is my Alternative/recommended price list based off your budget and sales/Deals that will be around at least a week.

FX-8350 $200 (Comes with a 20 Dollar newegg Giftcard with purchase!)
Gigabyte 990fx UD3 Board 137$ ($127 with a 10 dollar mail in rebate)
Thermaltake Commander Black (Could not find white on newegg) $39 ($29 with 10 Dollar Rebate)
Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1tb $69
Corsair CX600 $79 ($59 with a 20 Dollar Mail in rebate)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 $29 ($19 with 10 Dollar Rebate)
Patriot Viper 2x4gb 1600 $64

Now for GPU's with whats left of the budget, I suggest either of the following

GTX 650ti $129 (25 Dollar Rebate)
or
HD 7790 $129 (10 Dollar Rebate)
Both come in at the same price point and both these suggestions are the same style cooler/company (MSI)

Now if you really want an intel build, lets change out these two AMD parts and go with these instead
i5-3570k $219
MSI Z77 LGA 1155 Gaming $119 (10 Dollar Rebate) Also (Bought this exact board for a friend, its kick ***)

This is my suggestion to you, now if you really want to get a SSD, take the rebates, send them in, and take that money to invest in an SSD later, but otherwise, the machines listed here will perform very nicely in most modern games at 1080p resolution at med-high settings!

I hope this helps!

Hey I was just wondering if I just take out the SSD and upgrade to a better GPU like the ones you mentioned will the build I was currently looking at be more effective that way?

Well if you are going to swap the fx-8350 out, grab the fx-8320 as it is 40 less and performs roughly the same if clocked to the same levels.

Hey I was just wondering if I just take out the SSD and upgrade to a better GPU like the ones you mentioned will the build I was currently looking at be more effective that way?

Your post title says 'gaming'. The GPU's listed are very medium-end. Any and all spare money should be shoved into the GPU, if you're truly using it for gaming.

I agree with st1ckm4n. I usually spend as much as I can on the gpu during a build so that I can possibly skip 1 or 2 generations.

The problem with that is when you look into the parts of a machine, the processor especially on gaming rigs is the focal point at which everything relies on. Having the most powerful gpu setup in the world won't matter when your CPU can't keep up. Plus the gpu is probably one of the easiest (if not the) of the computer to upgrade later. I think he should focus on the proc, then budget for a decent gpu to be upgraded later when needed.

The problem with that is when you look into the parts of a machine, the processor especially on gaming rigs is the focal point at which everything relies on. Having the most powerful gpu setup in the world won't matter when your CPU can't keep up. Plus the gpu is probably one of the easiest (if not the) of the computer to upgrade later. I think he should focus on the proc, then budget for a decent gpu to be upgraded later when needed.

You can argue that spending $80 more on a gpu can yield more noticeable difference in gaming vs spending that same amount on a cpu. If we're talking about bottle necks in cpu's you're talking about 1 generation i7's, mid ranged 2nd generation i7's and anythiing older. There are only a hand full of games that will saturate a modern cpu. The OP is gaming, not encoding or any other type of work horse programs.

Consider his budget. $80 wouldn't mean much if he had a $2000 budget but considering its $750 dollars that extra money put towards a graphics card will go a long way, like 10-15% difference in framerates kind of different. The cpu is also overclockable, where as the gpu has more limitations in that aspect. You can't put a 20% overclock on a gpu these days, unless you're crazy like me and invest in a high end watercooling unit and even then its unreliable.

...I do like your build suggestion nonetheless though

I'm gonna have to disagree with you too, JC. :p

SSD only helps in loading times. Which in AAA titles is a long time in between and is a 'batch' job - there is a burst of files to copy to RAM which are not random small files spread across the platter, which is where an SSD would shine.

Example: Metro 2033 loads anything in 5 seconds or less, on a WD 1TB Green.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you too, JC. :p

SSD only helps in loading times. Which in AAA titles is a long time in between and is a 'batch' job - there is a burst of files to copy to RAM which are not random small files spread across the platter, which is where an SSD would shine.

Example: Metro 2033 loads anything in 5 seconds or less, on a WD 1TB Green.
True.

[FONT=Arial]Gigabyte: GV-N65TBOC-2GD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]EVGA: 02G-P4-3658-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]MSI: N650TI TF 2G5/OCBE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card[/FONT]

Are any of those fitting for what I am looking for?

[FONT=Arial]Gigabyte: GV-N65TBOC-2GD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]EVGA: 02G-P4-3658-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]MSI: N650TI TF 2G5/OCBE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card[/FONT]

Are any of those fitting for what I am looking for?

The 650Ti is probably the best GPU for your price range, correct. Any brand is fine. I personally avoid MSI though.

Back