Need upgrade help from the Pro's

Status
Not open for further replies.
My setup is Gig. GA-MA78GM-US2H w/7750 dual core,ATI 4830,2X2GB 800Mhz. Kingston ram,2 Sta.320 H/D - XP Pro & Win7 64bit.Corsair 550 dual rail PS. My Question is,I'm looking to upgrade,or should I ? and if I do , whats the best Bang for the Buck way to go ? I'm a gamer.......have overclocked , but not the norm.The 7750 has been a good performer,I realize everyone is on the i5 wagon , but I still feel AMD gets the job done. Any advice would be helpful,Thanks all.

what is your upgrade budget? and are you having problems playing games you would like to?

tyme writes: Most games run Ok @1280X1024 or higher call of Duty4 , World of War craft , Dragon Age,etc...Battlefield Bad Company 2 (choppy a Best) no matter what Res. whole sys. a lot faster when overclocking . (seeing that the 7750 is almost same as Intel's 5200 @ 1st thought might need more powerful processor , or maybe its the Mgz.of the Ram ? or the Sapphire 4830 graphics card....or maybe its just the game! Games are getting more demanding on systems...would upgrade if a benefit , that will carry me , the next few years...300.00 I can work with ,or is it best to build anew down the road.

I would say wait for a bit, and build a new one at some later stage; because with that budget you will have to make some compromises; and you may not get the results you are hoping for.

tyme says : Thanks guys! ...I assume its the combo of components, instead of any single one.......my thoughts are , I can get by for now...and plan to build a new system down the road ....not a clue , as to what direction I'll go...but if I'm going to spend Big $$$$...I'll want to get it right , performance wise & a system that will last a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back