Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music over Joe Rogan's vaccine 'disinformation'

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
A hot potato: Legendary singer Neil Young is demanding that his music be removed from Spotify, and it’s nothing to do with royalties. The musician refuses to share the platform with Joe Rogan, who has long faced criticism for spreading vaccine misinformation on his popular podcast. “They can have Rogan or Young. Not both,” he said.

Young’s open letter to his manager and record label was posted to his website but has since been deleted. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them. Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

Young specifically mentioned Joe Rogan in his letter. The Spotify-exclusive Joe Rogan Experience attracts around 11 million listeners per episode, making it the world’s largest podcast. It started back on December 24, 2009, long before the music streaming service paid over $100 million to bring it to Spotify in 2020, where it soon became an exclusive show.

“[JRE] is the world’s largest podcast and has tremendous influence. Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy,” Young wrote.

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform […] They can have Rogan or Young. Not both,” stated the letter, addressed to his manager Frank Gironda, and Tom Corson, co-chairman and chief operating officer of Warner Records.

Rogan has never been one to shy away from controversial subjects. His views on Covid and the vaccines has brought plenty of criticism: 270 doctors, scientists, and healthcare professionals signed an open letter last month requesting Spotify “take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform.” It cited a JRE episode in which Rogan hosted Robert Malone, a virologist involved in developing mRNA vaccine technology. He was suspended from Twitter for spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about Covid-19.

Young removed most of his back catalog from Spotify years ago as he believed the sound quality was too low, but he reversed his decision as “That’s where people get music.”

Young’s music is still on Spotify, as is the Joe Rogan Experience.

Permalink to story.

This vaccine doesnt prevent infection. How do people not now this by now?
It doesn't help prevent infection substantially with the Omicron variant... but it DOES help prevent the other variants... it also critically prevents symptoms, hospitalization, and death...

But again, if only a few people get it, it doesn't really matter... we need the vast majority of people to be inoculated - alas, many are too ignorant or stupid to do so...

It doesn't help prevent infection substantially with the Omicron variant... but it DOES help prevent the other variants... it also critically prevents symptoms, hospitalization, and death...

But again, if only a few people get it, it doesn't really matter... we need the vast majority of people to be inoculated - alas, many are too ignorant or stupid to do so...

Nothing you said is true. Where are you getting your "facts"?

I'm just happy that for once a boomer rockstar is actually targetting a corporation with their ridiculous demands instead of either:

1) Selling their entire catalog to a record company possibly to pay the final bits of their mortgages and avoid having their families being evicted if they pass away

2) Hiring foreign 'media companies' to block reaction videos and strike music education channels on youtube because so many of them are apparently incapable of doing 'reactions' or 'teaching music' without having to routinely use dad rock.

I know when I get sick the first person I am going to consult about my sickness is a college drop out shock jock not my doctors. Just some chump with a microphone who wouldn't under any circumstances be allowed to touch a single patient. Yeah I want my medical decisions made by him!!

The covid vaccinations are NOT immunizations. The moment someone can get past the propaganda and figure this very, very simple idea out, they should stop caring whether others are "vaccinated against covid." It's literally admitted by the CDC that natural immunity is better than one of the available covid "vaccinations." Those of you obsessing over others' covid vaccination status need to seriously get on with your life.

The covid vaccinations are NOT immunizations. The moment someone can get past the propaganda and figure this very, very simple idea out, they should stop caring whether others are "vaccinated against covid." It's literally admitted by the CDC that natural immunity is better than one of the available covid "vaccinations." Those of you obsessing over others' covid vaccination status need to seriously get on with your life.
No... it isn't... maybe actually read the CDC link I posted...

And NO vaccine provides 100% immunity against ANYTHING. Please do a little research before you spout your lies here.

The Covid vaccines provide amazing protection against Covid.. they also prevent infection from variants other than Omicron. The data shows they don't help much against Omicron infection - but still protect against the symptoms, hospitalizations and DEATH.

Medical technology also doesn't stand still. As we speak, Pfizer has just announced they are readying a vaccine that should work against Omicron - a 3rd, 4th or 5th shot (depending upon when it's ready) might make a huge difference down the road.

Last edited:
Complete Bunk! and Fake news! Covid vaccines are vaccinations and natural immunity sucks and I actually know what I am talking about over Joe Rogan as a have medical degree and a front line healthcare worker.

Ah man these comments. Go Rogan and keep doing what you do best. If you don't like what one says don't listen to it period. If you are worried get the vaccine and life your live. Jesus it's 2022 and people are still crying over Covid... I love Florida, I didn't know people were still hurt about this everywhere else.

Y'all worried and scared but all arenas, concerts and stadiums are dead pack with people not wearing a mask. Move on already. We already know how to treat this thing. Yes I got it, yes I got the vaccine afterwards and yes I work in healthcare daily.

Spotify should comply with the artist' wishes promptly. I hope all other streaming services do the same in solidarity. I heard Bubba HoTep in Alabama was on the fence about the vaccine until Neil Young took his music away. Now that Neil Young has spoken we can all live happily ever after swimming in our mRNA goodness! Hosanna!

And, honestly, how long are we going to put up with a comedian having recorded conversations with people and sharing the recording with other people? Enough is enough!

Ah man these comments. Go Rogan and keep doing what you do best. If you don't like what one says don't listen to it period. If you are worried get the vaccine and life your live. Jesus it's 2022 and people are still crying over Covid... I love Florida, I didn't know people were still hurt about this everywhere else.

Y'all worried and scared but all arenas, concerts and stadiums are dead pack with people not wearing a mask. Move on already. We already know how to treat this thing. Yes I got it, yes I got the vaccine afterwards and yes I work in healthcare daily.
Yep... go Florida... your case count has risen to 400,000 per WEEK... good to see... it's thanks to places like this that Covid will continue to spread and kill...

Nothing like simply pretending there isn't a problem to make the world a better place, right?

I know when I get sick the first person I am going to consult about my sickness is a college drop out shock jock not my doctors. Just some chump with a microphone who wouldn't under any circumstances be allowed to touch a single patient. Yeah I want my medical decisions made by him!!

Add to the ANY celebrity or ANY lying dumbocrat (which covers ALL of them)!

Yep... go Florida... your case count has risen to 400,000 per WEEK... good to see... it's thanks to places like this that Covid will continue to spread and kill...

Nothing like simply pretending there isn't a problem to make the world a better place, right?
Bro this is when you know you are so deep into the media that hear yourself... Case numbers shouldn't be looked at anymore. The real number is the death rate of covid within the last year. Yes cases are up but death rates are at the lowest it's ever been. We know how to treat the virus already. So I don't know where you are getting the killing from. Actually, ill do the math for you... Death rates in Florida since covid started is 1.19% from all the cases reported in FL. You have a higher rate of dying in a car accident or by the flu then by covid... but don't mind me. Also that 400k was ONE week... when the whole nation spiked. I'm just going by the facts.

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_p..._archive/covid19-data/covid19_data_latest.pdf

But I won't continue to entertain those whos minds are already decided for them by the media. Please make sure to stay out of our state, we don't want people like you.

Bro this is when you know you are so deep into the media that hear yourself... Case numbers shouldn't be looked at anymore. The real number is the death rate of covid within the last year. Yes cases are up but death rates are at the lowest it's ever been. We know how to treat the virus already. So I don't know where you are getting the killing from. Actually, ill do the math for you... Death rates in Florida since covid started is 1.19% from all the cases reported in FL. You have a higher rate of dying in a car accident or by the flu then by covid... but don't mind me. Also that 400k was ONE week... when the whole nation spiked. I'm just going by the facts.

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_p..._archive/covid19-data/covid19_data_latest.pdf

But I won't continue to entertain those whos minds are already decided for them by the media. Please make sure to stay out of our state, we don't want people like you.
And if your case rate INCREASES, then, even if the death rate is really low, what do you think is going to happen with DEATHS?

Not to mention hospitalizations - and when your hospitals fill up, people who are sick with "other stuff" may also die because there is no one to treat them...

And yes, there are some LIMITED treatments for Covid - but they are not widely available - and the more cases there are, the less available treatments there will be!

Oh... last point... Florida has lost over 64,000 people from Covid... that's a LOT of people!

And if your case rate INCREASES, then, even if the death rate is really low, what do you think is going to happen with DEATHS?

Not to mention hospitalizations - and when your hospitals fill up, people who are sick with "other stuff" may also die because there is no one to treat them...

And yes, there are some LIMITED treatments for Covid - but they are not widely available - and the more cases there are, the less available treatments there will be!

Oh... last point... Florida has lost over 64,000 people from Covid... that's a LOT of people!
Try to actually think instead of relying on "the news" and our lying government.

ALL of the statistics LIE. Our government uses "covid deaths" when ANYONE dies and has covid. It doesn't necessarily mean they died FROM covid.

Hospitalizations are also a LIE, it's grossly exaggerated because of the millions of low-IQ fools that run to the hospital at ANY sign of illness - right at the height to cold and flu season. Of course, a percentage of them will test positive and sent home - but not AFTER counting them as a "covid hospitalization". OUR GOVERNMENT LIES!

An old saying you've probably never heard because of your age:

FIGURES LIE AND LIARS FIGURE!

1.2%... 64,000 out of 5,300,000... mostly all elder with pre existing conditions. Try again tho.

Nothing you said is true. Where are you getting your "facts"?
From the peer - reviewed scientific publications, man:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext
"Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance"

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.14.21264959v1.full.pdf
"Effectiveness of full vaccination of the index against transmission to
unvaccinated household contacts was 63%"

I'm sure your google-fu is good enough to find such information yourself. I didn't find any peer-reviewed study to show otherwise.
Hope this answer your questions and you'll stop spread false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back