Netflix to deliver Adult Swim, Cartoon Network content in March

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Netflix has signed new licensing deals with Turner Broadcasting and Warner Bros. Television Group that will provide the streaming video service with a wealth of new content for its paid subscribers. New programming is schedule to arrive on March 30 as part of what looks to be a busy year for Netflix.

Subscribers will be treated with multiple shows from Adult Swim such as Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks and Children’s Hospital. Cartoon Network favorites headed to Netflix’s popular Just for Kids section include Adventure Time, Ben 10, Regular Show and Johnny Bravo. Warner Bros. Animation will be responsible for delivering Green Lantern, we’re told.

A joint press release also reveals that the TNT series Dallas will debut with season one and two starting January 2014.

This is all in addition to multiple Warner Brothers TV shows that will be coming to Netflix in the near future. That deal, announced last week, will bring 666 Park Avenue, Chuck, Fringe, Revolution, Political Animals, Longmire, The Following and The West Wing to the streaming service. We were told at the time that the deal could include future shows as well that could be available in syndication or on a catch-up basis.

Netflix signed similar content deals with Disney last month to deliver content from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Pixar Animation Studios and DisneyNature but as we noted at the time, the majority of those deals won’t take effect until 2016.

Permalink to story.

If Microsft were smart, they would buy netflix now, and work out all the content rights with all the major studios and give customers what they want. but we all know Microsoft isn't smart, and netflix has about as much bargaining power as a lost kid in the candy store. so we customers are left to wait until the ocean runs dry, and polar bears die.

Netflix, getting NEW content that might actually be worth watching? I never thought I'd see the day.

Awww, I wanted Cowboy Bebop.

And what's up with Disney getting friendly with their licenses? They used to hold their property under the strongest lock and key. Now they're friendly to consumers?! Must have put some smarter folk in big chairs there.

I'd watch the Chuck series again. Good show.

There are plenty of ways to watch Netflix on a Linux distribution, but I'll let you Google that for yourself.

Well, that's just odd! Maybe its because I only have Netflix Streaming? I searched for "Cowboy Bebop" and I don't see it as a show that's available to watch. But there's plenty of other cowboy movies, even black and white films going back to the mid 1900's.

You know what, I was thinking of "Samurai Champloo". Don't ask me how I got that confused with Cowboy Bebop. I'm at work so I'm not smoking anything...

666 Park Avenue, really now lol

Good to see some classics coming in. I would absolutely love for the hanna-barbera classics to be out on it. I think I heard that cartoon network let their contract expire with those cartoons. Either way, I'd love paying for netflix just for that feature than getting digital cable just to have boomerang, which deoesn't come with the basic packages I've seen so far :(

Back