Netflix won't stay fullscreen

circusboy01

I'm trying to see if I can ask the most questions in the shortest amount of time, then anyone else at TS. Just kidding:D . I do have another question already though..
I can't gt my Netflix to stay on full screen. It switches back to the small screen after a couple of minutes. Just happens on Netflix. Hulu Youtube, and everything else works fine. I was thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling. But I can't find it in Programs and Features or Revo. How do I get rid of it so I can install it again? Thanks.

I read somewhere that Netflix uses MS Silverlight for streaming, not Flash. Can't test whether that's true or not, since I'm only doing the discs thru mail and no streaming. Anyway, perhaps try updating the plugin if you aren't using the latest?

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

You'll need to uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Can you by chance do a screenshot of the NON maximized screen? I'm just curious.:)

Even if I knew how to do a screen shot, I doubt if it would be much help. But it's actually very simple Maximized fills the entire screen. With the smaller size you can still see the icons, the clock, and everything below, and the search window and everything else on top. To me it distracts from the enjoyment of the movie.

Correction: There is a thick black border around the picture. But you still don't see anything that you do in the smaller picture.

I read somewhere that Netflix uses MS Silverlight for streaming, not Flash. Can't test whether that's true or not, since I'm only doing the discs thru mail and no streaming. Anyway, perhaps try updating the plugin if you aren't using the latest?

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

You'll need to uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

I already have the same version of Silverlight that your link offers. But thank you anyway.

Even if I knew how to do a screen shot, I doubt if it would be much help. But it's actually very simple Maximized fills the entire screen. With the smaller size you can still see the icons, the clock, and everything below, and the search window and everything else on top. To me it distracts from the enjoyment of the movie.

Correction: There is a thick black border around the picture. But you still don't see anything that you do in the smaller picture.
Ok, if I remember correctly, you'd tap the print screen button,then go to MS Paint (W7 has a snipit tool) in MS Paint click Edit> & the picture appears. Click File Save As & give it a name & save it as jPEG.
At the top where it has a drop down menu titled Save In, save it where you can find it easily like your desk top.
Then, you can use this http://www.picturemosaics.com/tools/crop/index.php to crop out the excess part. Upload it to photobucket or whatever service you use & post the here in the best forum on earth TechSpot.
I just found this http://windows7themes.net/how-to-take-a-screenshot-in-windows-7.html
so take your pick. :)

What type of computer are you trying to run Netflix streaming on? A desktop, laptop, tablet, Roku or blu-ray player? I run Netflix on all of these devices with no problems in full screen

What type of computer are you trying to run Netflix streaming on? A desktop, laptop, tablet, Roku or blu-ray player? I run Netflix on all of these devices with no problems in full screen

Desktop.I've been streaming Netflix for a long time now. Only started having the problem 4 or 5 days ago. Oh. I played an actual DVD I got from Netflix today. Screen did the same thing.

Hi, If a video screen minimises, it normally means that the graphic card or driver cannot display the file at the highest resolution, so it reduces the window size so as to keep playing it, but at a good framerate. But as it worked before I don't know.....

To do a screenshot at any time, press the 'PrtScn/SysRq' key, it's to the right of F12, usually.
Then the whole screen is copied to the clipboard.
To see or save it, open 'Paint' (or 'Word' I think) and press, Ctrl and V together. (Paste)
Then go up to 'File' and choose 'save as'.... and fill in the boxes as you choose, and save the file in 'Pictures' or folder of choice.
I have used this a couple of times a week at least, since I used Windows 98, ie, many years! Very useful.

Desktop.I've been streaming Netflix for a long time now. Only started having the problem 4 or 5 days ago. Oh. I played an actual DVD I got from Netflix today. Screen did the same thing.

Maybe something running in the background is causing this? In my case, if I'm watching video full screen w/ mpc-hc, and Comodo System Cleaner decides to dowload updates, Windows will change focus to Comodo's pop-up and video will exit out of full screen. Clicking on the player & alt-enter restores it to full screen.

Maybe something running in the background is causing this? In my case, if I'm watching video full screen w/ mpc-hc, and Comodo System Cleaner decides to dowload updates, Windows will change focus to Comodo's pop-up and video will exit out of full screen. Clicking on the player & alt-enter restores it to full screeen

Don't know what it would be. I don't have anything that automatically updates. Even if I did, I watch Netflix at different times of the day. Automatic updates wouldn't interfere with all of them. I am going to try your player & alt-enter suggestion though. Thanks

Don't know what it would be. I don't have anything that automatically updates. Even if I did, I watch Netflix at different times of the day. Automatic updates wouldn't interfere with all of them. I am going to try your player & alt-enter suggestion though. Thanks

That might solve window resizing issue while watching DVD, but Netflix movie issue is still a mystery to me. Mike1959 mentioned video card drivers, have you tried updating them to see if it makes any difference?

That might solve window resizing issue while watching DVD, but Netflix movie issue is still a mystery to me. Mike1959 mentioned video card drivers, have you tried updating them to see if it makes any difference?
This happens on streaming,and Netflix DVDs I have sent to me. Don't know how to update drivers. Going to see if I can find out how fro Google.

ATI's Catalyst Control Center has a Check for Update button. I'm sure nVidia has something similar.

Concerning updating Video Card Drivers. If Windows Updates shows that Windows is up to date.There are no updates available.Important or optional. Does that mean my Video Card Drivers are up to date?

Good news- I found 13 drivers that needed updating. Not so good news- One of them, Intel(R) G45 / G43 Express chipset, wouldn't update. Bad news- It didn't fix the Netflix full screen problem

Looks like your computer has integrated graphics by Intel. How did you update that? Did you use the auto detect feature on Intel's site and it provided the update file that suits you? Are you using computer by HP, Dell, etc.? I remember when I tried to update Intel chipset drivers on my Dell laptop before, it failed and said to go to the laptop vendor's site and download the update.

Looks like your computer has integrated graphics by Intel. How did you update that? Did you use the auto detect feature on Intel's site and it provided the update file that suits you? Are you using computer by HP, Dell, etc.? I remember when I tried to update Intel chipset drivers on my Dell laptop before, it failed and said to go to the laptop vendor's site and download the update.

I used DriverMax Pro it was recommended and deminstrated on Youtube. I have a Lenovo K-300. Windows 7 64 bit. So your saying I might have to go to the laptop vendor. Right? I How do I do that? Put the driver information in a search window, and look for laptop sites? Na. That couldn't be right. Sounds too easy.:D

Not sure what DriverMax found, the one on Intel's site is:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20601&ProdId=2998&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows 7 (64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

File name:
Win7Vista_64_151718.exe
Version:
blank.gif

Date:
10/19/2011
Latest
Size:
39.89 MB

Older version for the IdeaCentre K300 desktop on Lenovo's site:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Intel Onboard Graphics Driver
ID2VDO03WW6.exe
26.0 MB
[LEFT]Windows 7 64bit[/LEFT]
15.15.64.1808 22 Oct 2009

Not sure what DriverMax found, the one on Intel's site is:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20601&ProdId=2998&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows 7 (64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

File name:
Win7Vista_64_151718.exe
Version:
blank.gif

Date:
10/19/2011
Latest
Size:
39.89 MB

Older version for the IdeaCentre K300 desktop on Lenovo's site:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Intel Onboard Graphics Driver
ID2VDO03WW6.exe
26.0 MB
[LEFT]Windows 7 64bit[/LEFT]
15.15.64.1808 22 Oct 2009

Thanks Rabbit01 All my drivers are now up to date. Still didn't fix my Netflix problem. Though I imagine it fixed a lot of problems I didn't even know I had.

Was hoping driver update would fix it. Who knows, maybe it'll fix itself. Sometimes that happens.

Hi, if you have a fairly unmodified Lenovo k-300, by that I mean the hardware is as it was built by them, your best bet is to go to;
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/
and let the site 'auto-detect' your system.
Two advantages here, they are likely to have any new or improved drivers, and,
They will be free to download. (unlike some sites where they will want to charge you.)

Was hoping driver update would fix it. Who knows, maybe it'll fix itself. Sometimes that happens.
Yea. I was disappointed. I'd like to uninstall and reinstall it. I've had that work on other things. But I can't find it in any of my 3 uninstall choices, and it's not in Programs, or Programs (86) files. I don't know where else to look. Going to try Mike1959's suggestion.

Back