Network cable unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I unplugged my son's cpu unit it has a realtek wireles lan card and when i plugged everything back up I get an error message that says the network cable is unplugged. I've checked and rechecked and everything is plugged in. I have not uninstalled the software and would like to get some advice on the next step to get it back up and running so he can be connected back on the internet. Thanks

I would think the "cable unplugged" messages is about the wired network adapter. Or do you have a cable attached to that?

unplugged network cable

No, I don't have a cable connected its a wireless card. The indicator light on the modem doesn't show up as well. You think I should just re install the software driver and set up? Verizon is our browser server. Thanks.

Then you do not have the drivers for the wireless card installed. Usually Windows knows that a NIC is wireless and does not use the "unplugged" message for these.

All comps come with a "wired" network card. When you reconnected everything, by default it went to check the wired network card. You need to go into Device Manager and disable the network card. This is not the same as your wireless card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back