Network key and Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone please could you help me:

I have a DSL-2640R router and want to connect wirelessly through an adapter. The ethernet connection works fine. I have phoned TalkTalk numerous times but they haven't been able to solve my problem. I think I need to but in my Network key on the adapter screen wireless network properties, and if so how do I find my network key? Have looked by putting 192.168.1.1 in address bar but can't find it. Any help would be much appreciated.

hi

the key could be printed on the router somewhere, i recently did a repair for a relative on a talk talk modem and im sure its printed on the bottom of it.

If you've lost your WEP key or WPA passphrase, your best bet is to reset the router to defaults and go through it's initial setup process again - unless it has a stored PPPoE configuration from your ISP or other information you don't have a record of.

If you've lost your WEP key or WPA passphrase, your best bet is to reset the router to defaults and go through it's initial setup process again - unless it has a stored PPPoE configuration from your ISP or other information you don't have a record of.

Thank you for replying Justin. I'm an absolute novice on this. Please could you talk me through it? Have checked the router but I can't find it. Thanks for replying Ididmyc600

Pardon my intrusion, but I'm a little confused as to what's going on...
Is it the WEP key that is lost, or is it the passphrase?
Moggy's first post stated that it is the WEP key that is needed, that is normally automatically generated by the router. IF you log into the router [ 192.168.1.1 ] you should be able to find it under a wireless security setting page. If it is the 'passphrase' which is the password you use to connect to the router wirelessly, then yes you need to reset it. Normally there is a button (not really a button-there is a hole at the back of the router where you use a fine tip object to press the button underneath. Hold it for about 20 seconds (or untill lights flash) and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back