Networking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grip

I need help either improving my existing network or getting a whole new network system. This is what I have now....On second Floor - a desktop PC connected to a Dlink Di-524 router. This also has my son's desktop connected via an Ethernet cable and the cable internet modem is connect via wire into the router. On First Floor....I have a laptop connected wirelessly via Dlink DWL-G630. And a XBox360 Elite connected via the Xbox wireless adapter.

Recently purchased a new LCD TV and want to use the xbox for online gaming and streaming video via Netflix. When I tried to use the Netfix the video kept buffering and the video quality was poor. My son was also trying to play Xbox online and it kept lagging and he was very frustrated. I assuming that my network connection is lacking. What can I do to improve this? I don't care if I have to get a whole new system and money is not an issue. I spent a lot of money on this whole system and really want the video quality and streaming video to be the best it can be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can you connect the Xbox to the router with an ethernet network patch cable? That would be an good step to speeding up performance for you. Wireless is always a slower connection.

I don't know what that is. Where would I connect a ethernet patch cable? Sorry I don't mean to sound stupid, but I'd never heard of that type of cable. Thank you for your help.

Sorry for any confusion. I sell cables, so I was being very precise. I was just referring to an Ethernet cable as you are using with the desktop, My understanding was that most of the new video games have wireless or wired connectivity options, but if your xbox does not have an Ethernet port on it, then my advice will not help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back