New AMD FX CPU Issues.... Driving me insane

SO, a friend uses this site and told me to post my issue here since I've exhausted my options apart from actually taking my rig into a "pro" to get it looked at, so here I am.

I have a Gigabyte 970A-D3P Mobo and an old Phenom II x3 CPU. I decided hell, why not spend some cash on a new AMD FX6300! The computer turns on, no output to video, fans going lights on HDD spins, but sounds like its spins some rotations slows, spins more, slows in an endless cycle. No weird noises etc. I've built computers, replaced parts etc in the past with little to no issues until this day. Here is what I've done to eliminate easy replies:

-BIOS version was F5 to begin with, meaning it supported FX chips. Flashed it to F6e anyway, optimized settings etc, no change in behavior.
-Cleared CMOS started from scratch -- no change in behavior
-Yes, FX chips are supported by my Mobo, checked this multiple times even before buying. Website for this Mobo even tells me, for FX chips to work, flash to the newest BIOS to ensure compatibility. -- no luck.
-Interchanged the Phenom II and the FX in multiple ways to ensure nothings been connect wrongly, heatsink is messed up etc. Phenom boots the computer up like a charm every time. I've been at this for hours to no avail. I've attached a picture of some system summaries in case they would prove useful as well.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 6
True it is rare but can happen. Well good luck. Hope maybe it is just a setting or something . I can not think of anything you have not tried. Sorry good luck.

Back