New budget gaming pc turning off and on

I bought my 10 yr old a starter gaming pc for Christmas. He played 2 hours and now it turns off and back on randomly. It even made crazy static in his headphones and froze this last time and he couldn’t turn off. I’m having trouble getting help from the companies I bought from and who made it. Any advice??? I may not spent thousands but hundreds is a lot to work only a few hours. Thank you in advance!!

"I’m having trouble getting help from the companies I bought from and who made it. Any advice??? "

Various ideas:
- gather your documentation (charge slip, invoice, warranty)

- take this up with the Vendor (usually they allow returns and may rebate or replace)

- contact Support at the Manufacturer (this may entail several emails and give you instructions about how to test the system either resulting in a repair you can do or an arrangement for repair/replacement by the maker)

The process is called "RMA" - return merchandise authorization - make the arrangement with written documentation of their warranty, their return policy and shipper's proof of delivery. In many cases, you have to pay for shipping to the Vendor/Maker, but often they pay when they ship to you.

Hopefully, Support can guide you to a simple fix (like a loose connection). Sometimes there is an early failure (an issue with electronics) that took several hours of use to develop.

Be sure to pack with care and be certain to prevent damage during shipment. Photo record is a good idea, too.

I bought my 10 yr old a starter gaming pc for Christmas. He played 2 hours and now it turns off and back on randomly. It even made crazy static in his headphones and froze this last time and he couldn’t turn off. I’m having trouble getting help from the companies I bought from and who made it. Any advice??? I may not spent thousands but hundreds is a lot to work only a few hours. Thank you in advance!!
There are dozens of things that can cause random reboots. Now the static thing makes me think it could be a bad power supply or (less likely) motherboard.

First thing use GPUz to log video card and Cpu temps.

Back