1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

New Build but No Video Feed to Monitor

By Route44
Apr 25, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I just finished a new build with the Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 motherboard with Ryzen 2400G and 16 gigs of G.Skill. This is not a gaming rig but a multimedia rig and thus no need for a video card as the Vega graphics will provide all they require at this time (can always upgrade later to a video card if needed).

System boots up but HDMI to D-Sub will not connect as I get no signal. The DVI motherboard connection is a DVI-D which is a connector that I don't have. I can't figure out, however, why the HDMI to D-Sub (VGA) won't work.

What steps do you suggest to help rectify this issue? Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 4,067   +1,190

Specifications per Gigabyte for the Integrated Graphics Processor:
    1. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
      * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    2. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@60 Hz(Note)
      * Support for HDMI 2.0 version and HDCP 2.2.(Note)
    Maximum shared memory of 2 GB

(Note) Actual support may vary by CPU.

The last statement is a little ominous - 'may vary' - wonder what THAT means. What are you using as an adapter? Is it an 'ACTIVE' converter (HDMI which is digital to VGA which is analog)?

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 11,989   +76

Yeah I looked at that and even with HDMI to HDMI no signal. Tech believes they sold me the wrong RAM for motherboard and the issue even though it boots up. I didn't put this together one of the Micro Center sales did. Never again.

Returning today. Thanks for the reply.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...