New build, constant BSOD

Iakouben

Hi all.
Recently I put together a new PC and since installing windows on it, I have been having issues with the stability. I keep getting BSOD's very often and I can't pinpoint the problem. I performed memory checks on the RAM. I checked every module in every slot and I didn't come up with errors. I have 2 SSD's, one samsung series 830 256GB and one kingston V+200 60GB and windows crashes on both drives. My BIOS is updated and I think it's set up propperly.
I've been trying to find a reason for the BSOD's and crashes for the past few days but I can't seem to pinpoint a reason.
Any sort of feedback is appreciated, Thanks

Recent most BSOD's:
-DIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1
-UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f
-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    153.6 KB · Views: 1
What's the motherboard make and model? Is Windows 7 fully updated applying even the optional updates? Are you over-clocking? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

The motherboard is the Asus Sabertooth Z77. Windows is fully updated, I'm not overclocking however I set my memory frequency to 1600MHz because my motherboard was making it go 1333MHz. Could the issues be caused because I'm using an SSD for windows?

On second look, I checked the windows update again and I can't do some updates, it gives me errors, one of them being error code: 8000B0100

Yeah, I ordered a Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit off amazon, and yeah it's activated. could the CD have a bad/corrupt installation?

You might want to try re-installing Windows fresh and be sure to get the motherboard's drivers off the Asus Sabertooth Z77's website, not from a supplied disk

I'll try re-installing again (5th time) with the drivers from the website. If that doesn't work, I'll start looking for another copy of windows.

Thank you for your help.

Okay,
also make sure that the SSD's (especially the boot drive) are setup on SATA 3 ports with AHCI enabled in the bios before you begin the Windows install. You are dealing with new hardware that many of us "super-techs" have just gotten into ourselves. I have a Gigabyte Z77 board with a 1.3TB with 3 standard hard drives set as RAID for Windows 7 and a 60GB Kingston SSD for Windows 8 Pre-release

Ended up re-installing windows today in the morning with from memory stick and put all the ASUS drivers from the internet and didn't use the CD. System was stable after which I started getting BSOD again (caused my ntoskrnl.exe). Dug around the internet and started checking the drivers, after which I managed to single out asUpIO.sys. I disabled the driver and the BSOD has stopped.

Back