New computer build, need opinions

Tomorrow_Rains

HDD :Seagate Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB 5900 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

MOBO : ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

G.C : (2X) XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

P.S : CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible ...

SPEAKERS : Logitech Z313 2.1 Speaker System

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

PRO : AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

Total : $869.92

What i want to accomplish is my first gaming rig, that Can run Starcraft 2 on Two 40 inch Displays, Plus Run Garrysmod With NO LAG, Also i'm big on minecraft, I'm a little sketchy on the RAM, i always have difficulty choosing RAM

What do you guys think?

What is your budget?

G Skill makes excellent RAM. Make sure it is compatible with your Asus motherboard.

Corsair power supply is good.

What are paying for those 5770 cards?

My budget is 900 Dollars, if i cut short, even better. A six Core processor would pretty much mean i can keept this computer running for years to come and dont have to worry about compatibility and future gaming, and i'm having trouble With RAM compatability with mothersboards, i'm not exactly sure on that subject.

And i dont understand the Question "What are paying for those 5770 cards?"

Does that mean they're good Cards?

I would suggest saving some money on the six core and putting into a more robust motherboard. then when the six core prices drop in a few years to what the 4 cores are selling now, you'll be able to upgrade that chip. plus the motherboard you have has a core unlocker. i turned by 80 dollar 2 core chip into a 3 core chip. you might get lucky and get all 4 cores unlocked.

if you're not sure about memory, go to the ASUS page for the motherboard that you want, and download the qualified vendor list for the memory. Then you can look for the specific model numbers of the memory, you can usually find about half of them on newegg.

try this on.
1) for the price of 2 x 5770, you can get a 6950
2) Get a Phenom II x6 1055T, the reason is that it is the same CPU, just a little lower clock setting. the 1055T,1075,1090T and the 1100T are all the same CPU. you can save $50 and up the1055T to 3.2.
3) put the $50 towards a better MB

I would suggest saving some money on the six core and putting into a more robust motherboard. then when the six core prices drop in a few years to what the 4 cores are selling now,

They damn near are now gwailo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...A=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=1055t&x=0&y=0

red answered my question on the 5770s in his response #1. You can often do better with a single card in the newer releases.

another vote for the 6950 or you might try the new gtx 560 Ti but i would still pick the 6950 1Gb model over the gtx 560.

I've been tempted a couple of times to pick up the 1100T but figure might as well wait to see what Bulldozer has to offer.

I've been tempted a couple of times to pick up the 1100T but figure might as well wait to see what Bulldozer has to offer.

you and me both, I am ready for my next personal build,I was going to make it a i7980 affair, but I am going to wait for Bulldozer. The reason being that AMD is acting differently this time around. they are not on a "expectation lowering campaign" They might be on to something here.

Hey whats up guys, so i switched my processor to the 3.0 and am saving the 50 dollars.

and now im looking for a beefier motherboard as you guys suggested.

What do you think og this one?

MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

it's got mad Pci express slots, plus it takes upto 16gb in Ram

Number of Memory Slots 4×240pin
Memory Standard DDR3 2133 (O.C.) / 1800 (O.C.) / 1600 (O.C.) / 1333 / 1066

Kind of like it, but its $200

What do you guys think? or could you please suggest a motherboard to me?

All i'm really asking for is Two PCI express slots for Two Video cards, i've decided im going to take your suggestion and get a higher powered ATI card, Then maybe in a year i'll buy another one and have two running.

I finally finished my Computer and am Ordering it Today!

What do you guys think, did i make a good decision?

XCLIO A380BK ATX FULL TOWER CASE

APEVIA BLUE LED 120MM CASE FAN

ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 HDMI ATX

XFX HD 6950 - I'M BUYING ANOTHER ONE NEXT MONTH, GONNA CROSSFIRE IT
(already comes overclocked)

RAIDMAX HYRID 730W POWER SUPPLY

AMD PHENOM 2 X6 2.8GHZ

G.SKILL 6GB DDR 3 1600

HITACHI 1TB SATA HDD

Total : $890.00

i would not use a raidmax power supply if i were you just my opinion but maybe try a corsair, Antec, OR OCZ psu of around 750 watts.

^, seconded. You can find great deals on OCZ and Antec PSUs, as well as Corsair ones, if you look around. A 600-650W PSU should be plenty for your system.

Also, I'd recommend a Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB drive over the Hitachi or the slower Seagate drive.

Back