New computer crashes BSOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the community, but all the topics I've looked at so far have been very interesting.

My problem is with a new computer that I've built recently....It has a

ASUS EAX550GE/TD/256M Radeon X550 256MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card
Kingston 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor
ABIT KN8 Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

in the machine. I've loaded XP Home edition and a couple of other programs that wouldn't take up a lot of space or processing power like AVG, itunes, adaware, basic office. The problem is the computer will restart frequently with a blue screen and give one of four specific errors. Mainly including PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and another that has a STOP: 0X0000008E. I know this is a lot of info. but if someone could help me out that would be great.

I'll try to get the minidump.....when I checked event viewer before the last crash it showed errors in (102) 1003 and 10005. Don't know if this helps, but I'll try to get the file for you.

I have the same error codes?

I have just re formatted the HD & installed XP (xtra pedantic) & several other
programs, after Microsoft errors pointed referenced the problem to an error with my Marvell Yukon network Ethernet adapter - driver? Product Type Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

I upgraded to the Ethernet network driver to the latest on supplied on the Msoft download site & still had problems. When I reformatted the HD drive and was installing XP, the installation error stopped whilst loading the Ethernet Controller software? I could not complete the XP install until I disabled the controller in the bios and started again.

Just out of curiosity do you have this or any of the following hardware items listed; Realtek High Definition Audio ALC861 codec 8ch. Intellipoint mouse & or keyboard drivers for Microsoft mouse & keyboard. Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

My MB is an ASUS P5GD1. Operated faultlessly until several months ago.

Sorry for the long drawn out spiel. I’m also in need of assistance to find resolution too

The machine had been operating continually over the last couple of days without fault until this morning with this message again?

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back