New Ecs Kv2 Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new ecs kv2 extreme w/amd socket 939 3000+ processor, 1 new stick 512 ram. all of the items in this system were tested in a working system. i have a 20gb maxtor hd and 128mb video card, with 2 dvd-r/rw drives. it powers up fine then after about a minute it shuts off. i cant seem to find anyone with a similar problem anywhere on the net or with tech sup. according to bios the cpu temp is about 73 f. i put heatsink compound on the cpu before installing. all the other items are fine i tested in other systems, and they work. i swapped power supplies, the newer power supply os 450 watt. the system lights up fine and the fans are spinning very quiet, but i only get about 1 minute before shutdown. I have tried booting 10+times i cant evern load an operating system. help HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

What power supply maker is your PSU? Make sure you sue a quality PSU not a generic PSU. Most people never realize that you should never use ont of those cheap power supplys even if it is 500W. If you can try some of your computer parts in a different system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back