New graphics card compatibility

Hello , I am buying different parts in order to build a decent gaming pc at a relatively cheap price.

I would like to know if these four are compatible :
- Graphics card : POV TGT GeForce GTX 650 Ti Performance Boost or MSI GTX 650 ti OC
Power Edition . What differences are there between POV and MSI?
- Motherboard : MSI Z77MA-G45 or Z77A-G45 . I went on the MSI site and I didnt find in the
compatibility sheet with VGA cards, the GTX 650 TI , is it normal ???
- Processor : Intel Core i3 3220 Ivybridge
- Memory : Kingston 4Go DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX PnP

Thank you.

Yes, this is all compatible. List your PSU to make sure though, as this has a large effect on compatibility too.

MSI vs POV - they're just brands. They may have slightly different overclocks and coolers.

Also, either upgrade your CPU, or downgrade your mobo. You don't need a Z77 mobo. Either way, I highly recommend an i5 3470 CPU anyway.

Yes, this is all compatible. List your PSU to make sure though, as this has a large effect on compatibility too.

MSI vs POV - they're just brands. They may have slightly different overclocks and coolers.

Also, either upgrade your CPU, or downgrade your mobo. You don't need a Z77 mobo. Either way, I highly recommend an i5 3470 CPU anyway.
+1. Getting a good quad core is much more important than getting a Z77 motherboard.

Thx for the response .
I changed my config to this , its a bit cheaper :
- Motherboard : MSI B75 MA-E33-LGA 1155
- Graphics card : MSI GTX650 Ti 1Go GDDR5 OC Power Edition ( looks a bit better )
- CPU : Intel Core i3 3220 Ivybridge ( for the I 5 its 80 more which makes a diff on my budget)
can I use only intel maybe other brand CPU are cheaper no?
- Memory : Kingston 4Go DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX PnP
- PSU : Cooler Master GX 450 W 80+ Bronze , I was told I maybe would need 500W , but do I REALLY need them for my config? What about SSD , do I need it?
Thx

The i5 is also a quad-core, while i3 is a dual-core. Our opinions are mentioned in above posts. Sure, you can use AMD to get 4-6-8-core CPU's for a similar price, but reviews show that the Intel destroys them.

In the end, sure, this rig above would play games are medium settings at 1080p, on a budget. Our suggestions for something that's gonna last a bit longer is a i5 quad-core, 8GB RAM, bigger PSU, etc.

Knowing that this is achieved :
- Graphics card : MSI GTX650 Ti 1Go GDDR5 OC PE
- Memory :GSkill 4Go DDR3 1600Mhz C9
Concerning the CPU , is there any difference between Intel Core i3 3220 Ivybridge and Intel Core i3 3225 Ivybridge, Intel core i3 3220 T and Intel core i3 3240 that justifies these last three cost 25 more than the first one?

And for the same price as the intel i3 3220 ivy bridge should I get this : aMD Black Edition - Amd Fx 6100 - 3.3 Ghz - 6 core - Socket Am3+ knowing since its AMD I might have compatibility problems no?

I wouldn't get the FX6100 over the 3220 unless you're going to overclock it. And, that's just to get the 6100 to match the performance of the 3220.

Don't skimp on the CPU - it will bottleneck your GPU - take good advice of TS members - enjoy you're new rig!

Back