New HP Pavilion Vista Blue Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new media center pavilion and it is BSOD very regularly. It seems to be doing this only when I am not working on it, maybe when it goes into low power mode. The error on the blue screen is "Driver Power State Failure". I have removed the video card I installed, and have been deinstalling software one at a time, including anti-virus and others to no avail.

The error info I get is:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 88462030
BCP3: 88467030
BCP4: 860B27F8
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092007-02.dmp
C:\Users\Kolin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43196-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Kolin\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBD74.tmp.version.txt

Thanks in advance for any help.

BTW, why is it still so hard to debug this stuff? You would think that the computer could keep track of what it was doing when it crashed and we could get some more user friendly error reporting and bug fix help by this stage of OS development. Every time I reboot a window comes up saying "your system has recovered from a serious... whatever" and then "searching for solutions to your problem" and then just politely disappears with no further info. I have spent several days working with HP support and they just keep telling me to pull out more stuff. There has got to be a better way!

You can actually upload your minidump files here. You'll find your latest ones in C:\Windows\minidump.

The dump files contain the information about the crash and can be parsed using programs. Many members here are familiar with doing this and can help narrow down your search for a cause.

Judging by the error itself, it looks like a driver issue. I would definitely consider upgrade my video and chipset drivers, if I were in your position.

Minidump file

I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Computer is brand new so I wouldnt think I should need to upgrade chipset drivers. No other 3rd party hardware installed. Minidump file attached.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back