New i5 upgrade, PC randomly switches off

I have just put an asus p775 motherboard and i5 processor into my PC, reinstalled all components with no issue, PC rebooted fine back into OS (Windows 7), after anything between 10 mins and half hour the PC just switches itself off, any thought would be welcome

So when you say you reinstalled all components, does that mean that you reinstalled the OS? Do what Mailpup said and check in the BIOS, and I know this is trivial, but make sure there is nothing wrong with the fans on the CPU cooler, often times some motherboards won't report a CPU fan failure or absence, simply because they are often just left out of the loop and replaced with a different fan controller. Mine is, at least. Also, see if your CPU is officially compatible with your board. If it is, you should upgrade the BIOS, if you upgraded to a different generation CPU then it might need an update.

So when you say you reinstalled all components, does that mean that you reinstalled the OS? Do what Mailpup said and check in the BIOS, and I know this is trivial, but make sure there is nothing wrong with the fans on the CPU cooler, often times some motherboards won't report a CPU fan failure or absence, simply because they are often just left out of the loop and replaced with a different fan controller. Mine is, at least. Also, see if your CPU is officially compatible with your board. If it is, you should upgrade the BIOS, if you upgraded to a different generation CPU then it might need an update.
Thread is 3 and a half years old....

Thread is 3 and a half years old....
Well, if I were him, and gave up on the build (for whatever reason) I would still kinda like to resolve the problem, and perhaps donate the thing to a school to mess with or who knows what. There wasn't a solution (that SudleySmith had acknowledged) and I was bored.

Back