New pc build with DVI and Keyboard problems

I just built a new pc with mostly new parts but once I turned on the pc one of my monitors don’t work (DVI doesn’t work but DP does) and my keyboard lights up but doesn’t work as well. I’ve tried looking this up but all I have seen were problems with monitor, keyboard, and mouse not working at all. All USB ports back and front work but for some reason when I press keys on my keyboard it doesn’t work. I have tried with another keyboard and I still have the same problem. I can’t do anything software wise because I just built this so I’m stuck on the “press delete or f2 to go into bios” but am unable to.

Pc Specs:
Phanteks p600s
Ryzen 9 5900x
ASUS TUF Gaming x570 -plus
850W PSU
TridentZ DDR4 3600
Assassin 3 CPU Cooler
GTX 1080
M.2 2tb
HDD 2tb
SSD 500gb

Edit: To add on if I unplug my keyboard while my pc is running and then plug it back in the lighting won’t turn back on and still won’t work

I have seen defective USB keyboards not only not work but also keep a machine from booting properly. It has happened twice in my IT career. Change that keyboard out for at least one that is for sure working....then you can later try plugging it in to double check. DP is better than DVi so stick with DP

I have seen defective USB keyboards not only not work but also keep a machine from booting properly. It has happened twice in my IT career. Change that keyboard out for at least one that is for sure working....then you can later try plugging it in to double check. DP is better than DVi so stick with DP
I tried a different keyboard that I know works for sure because it is used on my other computer and works perfectly fine. My new pc and am still having the same problem even with that keyboard. I then plugged both keyboards into my other pc and both worked fine as well. Im starting to think that it has something to do with my power supply on my new pc but im not 100% sure. Both keyboards work but when theyre plugged into my new pc they only just light up every time I try to press F2 or delete it doesnt register.

Ahh ok, well PSU is at least easy to swap in and out. I think that is next best logical thing to try.

I swapped to my old PSU on my other computer to my new and I was still having the same problem with the keyboard. I even tried plugging in the power cable into a different outlet to see if that was the problem but am still having the same problem. I dont know what to do next honestly. This has never happened before so I dont really know what the next step is. If its not the power supply or keyboard what else could be the problem?

When in doubt....take the board out of the case and out it on top of the box it came with. This is the way I build..I start with the minimum and go from there. That way when I have problems I have minimal components to wrestle with.

Back