New PC Rebooting when trying to play games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ness_h

Hi,
I have built a new pc and when i try and play a game the PC reboots.
The Specs to my pc are:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 6000+
Motherboard: Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Ram: 4x 1GB PNY DDR-400MHz 184-pin Memory.
Video Card: Asus EAH3650 Series
HDD: 1TB Seagate Sata

I am hoping i have attached the dmp log file.. If someone could please give me any ideas on how to fix this I would be most greatful

Thank you.

As best as I can tell, your motherboard supports 240 pin, DDR2 RAM. I don't see how you could have installed 184 pin, DDR RAM. The slots are different. Or did I make a mistake?

It happenes for all non web based games.
So for example i can play games on pogo but as soon as i go to play Virtual Villagers or Caesar or something like that the pc reboots.

Ok

Try to verify if everything is ok inside your computer as Graphic Card well connected etc...

Also what is your OS?

Hi,

Everything is well connected. That was one of the first things i thought it was as well. The i thought it was a wireless nic i had installed. I removed that and reformatted the pc but its still happening. I am running Windows XP Pro.

What game it is first of all and try to play it on another PC in case the game installation has a problem.

Your card normally should cause no problem as it is a good one and can play a lot of new games.

common causes:
1. insufficient PSU or failing PSU
2. overheating
3. bad drivers
4. bad or failing ram
5. Game too powerful for graphics card - (tone down settings) - graphics card overheating

The pc reboots for all no web based games.
So for example i can play games on pogo but as soon as i go to play Virtual Villagers or Caesar or something like that the pc reboots.
Games work fine on other PC's as i have already tested this and I have changed the video settings on the games to see if this made a differeance but it didnt.

Hi,
Already looked in to that. Its not just happening for that game but for any game thats no web based.
Video card has been tested in another pc and it works fine in that.

You cannot 'crystal ball' an issue like this - stick with one game problem and sort it out and you WILL likely sort them all.

IF you run out of ideas from that place, then post again.

If you want to keep asking the same question without any chance of an answer, do so!

I am not crystal balling. I giving you the issue that i have. I have tested the video card. And also looked at the page last week that you advised me to for Virtual Villagers. It didnt help me at all when i looked at it last week. I am sure once the issue gets sorted for Virtual Villagers it will fix the same issue for all the other games.
Thank you for trying to help me CCT but I will now look somewhere else for the answer and pay someone to look at my pc for me.

Sorry you seem to have misunderstood me CCT.
I said Virtual Villagers isnt a WEB Based Game, as in ,you dont play it via your web browser. You have to down load the game and play it.

This seem that the problem may be with your computer peripherals as you test the graphic card on another computer and it work well.

If you can do this, try to change the RAM of your computer and take the one of another computer and try it. Or easily if you don't have it on another computer you can remove each time one of yours and test. Leave only one at a time and test the games. If you test the 4 RAM then try to change another thing from another computer until for finally found the problem. But me I think it may be your RAM or your Motherboard.

Also what Power Supply are you using?

Theres also other possible software issues....video card drivers, corrupt direct x, sound card drivers, Take hardware acceleration off full on your video card and soundcard and try as well.. Reinstall/update the above as well to rule those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back