New PC total system freeze during WoW

TeknomanIce2000

Alright so I inherited a mess, a friend of mine let someone else build her computer because I'm normally very busy. I take her computer to my shop, run all the diagnostic hardware I have, everything passes.

Replaced the hard drive since Caviar Green isn't optimal for gaming, replaced it with Caviar Blue, also replaced the Graphics card with a 5770. She had it running the night before into the wee hours. Next day it freezes and crashes on her. So with no bug reports, with nothing being dumped and the only time she crashes is inside of an instance. Is this a hardware or a software issue. I do this for a living and I've yet to come across something like this. All drivers up to date. No conflicts. No BSoD, just a system hang.

Also I had to tighten the motherboard since the guy who built it left half the screws halfway unscrewed. Didn't tighten the board. Not sure if he used spacers, the CPU runs at 54C under AIDA64's CPU Stress Test.

Parts listed below.

KINGWIN ABT-730MM 730W ATX 12V Ver.2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

GeIL Value PLUS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model GVP34GB1600C9SC
GeIL Value PLUS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model GVP34GB1600C9SC

*DIAMOND 5670PE51G Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX

*Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

LITE-ON Black 4X Blu-ray Disc Reader SATA Model iHOS104-08

ENCORE ENM232-8VIA 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Surround Sound Card
RAIDMAX Cyclone ATX-316B Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B

I guess you will have run diagnostics on the memory but have you tried running the PC on one stick at a time?

Is there anything reported in Event Viewer coinciding with the time of the freezes?

Have you tried the onboard graphics (if it has any) with the graphics card removed or tried another known good card?

Is the memory voltage set correctly and is it overclocked?

What OS is this PC running?

deleting some motherboard tools (if you installed) may help you

because my old asus m2n mainboard was freezing because of Asus PCprobe tool

and what is your OS ?

Back