New power supply recommendations

InkLill

I recently was passed down a junky old HP Pavilion with onboard graphics. I am going to replace the onboard graphics with a higher end video card, but I noticed my power supply is only 250W.
What would you recommend as a good gaming power supply while on a budget (probably no more than $125

Are you able to give us the hardware specs of this system and the video card you'll be upgrading to?

With $125 budget you can get a really good psu with a whole lot of your budget left over.

I second what Route44 said above. You could probably have more money left to buy a video card, so you can get a really powerful one.

I'm just wondering if it pays to upgrade this system in any way which is why I asked for the hardware specs especially the motherboard/cpu.

I'm just wondering if it pays to upgrade this system in any way which is why I asked for the hardware specs especially the motherboard/cpu.

"Junky old HP Pavilion" with 250W PSU does sound like it won't have something that can feed a high-end GPU. And if that's the case you're right that it wont be worth investing a lot of money in.

Back