New Stalker 2 gameplay trailer looks amazing

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: A new gameplay trailer for the highly anticipated Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl has dropped, and it looks very impressive. The game has faced several delays, most of which came as a direct result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, where developer GSC Game World is based, but it's still set to land next year.

Stalker 2 was first announced back in 2018, almost a decade after the last game in the series, Stalker: Call of Pripyat, arrived. While fans of the excellent original games were pleased, there was plenty of outcry last year following news that the game would incorporate NFTs—non-fungible tokens were still seen as the next big (money-making) thing in gaming back then. Thankfully, the backlash led to a U-turn by the studio; it later confirmed that Stalker 2 wouldn't have anything NFT-related.

In January, GSC Game World announced that Stalker 2 would need another seven months of work to get it ready. That was before Russia invaded Ukraine, which further delayed the game into 2023.

Like the originals, Stalker 2 is an open-world survival game. It's set in the Exclusion Zone around the Chornobyl nuclear power plant and is packed with dangers, from anomalies and mutants to bandits.

The game's new trailer, titled Come to Me, was posted to GSC Game World's YouTube channel a few hours ago. The clip really shows off the gorgeous Unreal Engine 5 graphics and atmospheric environment. There's also a brief glimpse of the inventory management system.

All that prettiness means the developer recommends players have a Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070 Super / GTX 1080 Ti graphics card in their system, though the minimum requirements are a Radeon RX 580 and GTX 1060 6GB. The game will be available on the Epic Game Store and Steam at launch, and, thanks to its inclusion on the service, is another reason for people to sign up for PC Game Pass.

GSC Game World has relocated some of its operations to Prague, in Czechia, since the war in Ukraine began. As such, it expects Stalker 2 won't experience any more delays.

In related news, it was recently reported that Volodymyr Yezhov, a former GSC developer who worked on Stalker: Clear Sky, died in a battle near Bakhmut.

Permalink to story.

I have been following Stalker 2 progress for a while now, and I rarely get that interested when it come to video game development. I can see this as one I would play on the Series X, just because I'm sure this will be one of those "just kick back and relax" games I play from my couch.

In related news, it was recently reported that Volodymyr Yezhov, a former GSC developer who worked on Stalker: Clear Sky, died in a battle near Bakhmut.
Yezhov had a great life, and willingly gave that up for his Country. How can anyone not have respect for him?

Russian poisonous effect on humanity continues.

If it's as good as any of the last three games then it'll be the first game in a long, long time (since Crysis released) that I'll pick up at full price soon after it releases. I want to make sure it's not a bug filled piece of junk and have me wasting my money on it....much like my brother did with buying himself and me a copy of Dying Light 2 (we still haven't played it because almost a year later it's full of bugs and coop is still has a myriad of issues).

If it's as good as any of the last three games then it'll be the first game in a long, long time (since Crysis released) that I'll pick up at full price soon after it releases. I want to make sure it's not a bug filled piece of junk and have me wasting my money on it....much like my brother did with buying himself and me a copy of Dying Light 2 (we still haven't played it because almost a year later it's full of bugs and coop is still has a myriad of issues).

You might want to hold off then! The first two STALKER games were borderline unplayable due to bugs (the 3rd was pretty well done out of the gate). All of these games are worthy of documentaries on the bizarre, unfortunate development cycles they went through.

The OG STALKER is possibly my favorite game. Fingers crossed this lives up to the hype.

One of the creators of Stalker, Volodymyr Yezhov, was killed last week while defending Bakhmut from the invaders. I'd like to say more but you're never sure what's viewed as political these days.

Been a long time fan since the original game came out... already pre-purchased, which is very, very rare for me. hopefully they release a decent working game. It helps that its on UE5 and not their own XRay engine, though I think the original engine while buggy was absolutely so far ahead of its time and had so many amazing features I was able to somewhat forgive it.

You might want to hold off then! The first two STALKER games were borderline unplayable due to bugs (the 3rd was pretty well done out of the gate). All of these games are worthy of documentaries on the bizarre, unfortunate development cycles they went through.

The OG STALKER is possibly my favorite game. Fingers crossed this lives up to the hype.
I played STALKER: SoC when it released and I didn't have any issues that I ran into before updates/patches were released. I do recall that there was a bug that greatly impacted folks using AMD (or was it ATI at the time?) GPUs, but was running Nvidia and had no issues.

I got my hands on Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat a few months after they released and didn't have any game breaking bugs. I know that Clear Sky had a pretty buggy and unfinished factions war aspect of the game that was fixed (almost completely, still a few bugs lingered) by mods. The game was still playable from start to finish.

Dying Light 2 was a crap show on release and still is. My brother and I played Dying Light about a month after it launched and had zero issues with coop, yet almost a year later after DL2 has launched we still have issues connecting and staying connected so we haven't been able to play.

7be49ffa563bc1206aaedeb1fedc4e58f075ba8fbf22d7a1a058db77a0c950a2_1.jpg

Looks nice, except for character models, those look as bad as every other game. Maybe one day before I die they'll get them somewhat realistic.

I played STALKER: SoC when it released and I didn't have any issues that I ran into before updates/patches were released. I do recall that there was a bug that greatly impacted folks using AMD (or was it ATI at the time?) GPUs, but was running Nvidia and had no issues.

I got my hands on Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat a few months after they released and didn't have any game breaking bugs. I know that Clear Sky had a pretty buggy and unfinished factions war aspect of the game that was fixed (almost completely, still a few bugs lingered) by mods. The game was still playable from start to finish.

Dying Light 2 was a crap show on release and still is. My brother and I played Dying Light about a month after it launched and had zero issues with coop, yet almost a year later after DL2 has launched we still have issues connecting and staying connected so we haven't been able to play.
Bugs are a weird thing because they are different for different people. I've used ATI, AMD, and Nvidia cards with SoC. They all had weird bugs and glitches. Nvidia (maybe ATI) for Clear Sky. That game is still barely held together by scotch tape. Both games had players irate for ruining save files and other various problems. All things considered, CoP was well polished but just pretty old tech by the time it was released.

SoC has one of the best modding communities in PC history. So it was a real joy to see how people took the base game and made it so much better.

Never played DL2, so I have no idea.

The release options look as complicated as ever. Which version do I buy that includes all day1 campaign levels? (Don't care about extra weapons and clothes).

Back