Newegg launches dedicated website for selling GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Newegg is taking advantage of the falling prices and improved availability of graphics cards by launching a retail site dedicated entirely to GPUs. Visitors to JustGPU.com not only get to search for cards based on a number of different specs, such as memory size and maximum length, but can also use the benchmarking tool that includes FPS figures for popular games.

After what feels like an eternity of graphics cards being so expensive they reached three times MSRP, we're finally seeing the market normalize. Some cards are now below MSRP, and Nvidia is reducing prices to clear an excess of stock.

Newegg wants to make the process of buying a GPU a lot simpler with its JustGPU.com site. The landing page offers the option of jumping straight into the store, trying the benchmark tool, seeing the five most popular AIB makers' products, and checking out some exclusive sales; the Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6800, a card we awarded 95 in our review, is down to just $599.

The shopping section has an extensive number of search parameters, from usuals such as card type, manufacturer, and price, to more technical information such as core and boost clock, recommended PSU wattage, and slot width. The site is only selling current-gen RTX 3000 and Radeon RX 6000 cards, though.

Probably the most interesting part of JustGPU.com is the benchmark tool. It allows users to select cards from different manufacturers and compare their specs, game performance, and Time Spy score. It's especially useful if you want to buy a particular card, say an RTX 3080, from a specific manufacturer but want to see how the different brands match up.

Newegg says that both the given framerates and Time Spy scores are estimations based on system configurations. The data is provided by 3DMark directly and not Newegg, so the actual results may vary.

Newegg has also provided slightly more in-depth information on each card's gaming performance. Clicking on the box at the bottom of each listing directs to a section where visitors can pick their preferred resolution and CPU. However, the latter choice is limited to Intel or Ryzen 5, 7, and 9, rather than specific processor models, but the results still give a ballpark figure. Check out our reviews and comparisons if you want more accurate results.

Newegg launched a feature on its main site last month that allows visitors looking to buy a pre-built PC to pick a model based on their preferred resolution and four favorite games. Again, the accuracy of the FPS/Time Spy results may vary as they are just estimates.

Permalink to story.

This is really cool. I'd use this. And it looks great too. A lot of detail about the cards and some test examples to show perf differences.
Oh yea click on the shop tab. They have sweet search filters, expected FPS for a particular title, Time Spy score as well as recommended PSU. lol I'm fanboying hard over this. I love it. Long overdue.

Only con is it's US only for now.

Last edited:
Newegg... oh you. Not long ago they were charging exorbitant prices for video cards and bundling them with other hardware just to get customers to bend over twice and take it. Now the crypto nonsense is collapsing and there's so much video card inventory they have to open a whole separate website for it.

I feel sorry for anyone stupid enough to buy a video card right now. Yes, some of the prices are tempting, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. But prices are going to crash as we get closer to Christmas and the next generation of cards are getting released. nVidia is going to try and hold back next get cards to try and force people to buy last gen cards and help clear inventory, but that tactic potentially may blow up in their faces. (I hope it does.)

About the only thing that's worthwhile is the ability to compare specs from different makers. If I'm looking into a card in more depth, I'll use TechPowerUp.com and their database for general information such as TDP, how many PCIe lanes, MSRP at Launch and such. Very useful. For benchmarks, I don't consider TimeSpy to be useful and prefer PassMark.com for not only CPU but GPU results as folks always add to their information. It's also pretty easy to compare different generations of cards such as a 1060, 1660, 2060, 3060 against each other or even look at comparing AMD/Nvidia models in the same segment (3060/6600).

NewEgg used to be the go-to place for computer stuff.

Then they became a shìt-peddler and scammer. I wouldn't trust them to take my trash, let alone take my money.

GTFO, NewEgg.

About the only thing that's worthwhile is the ability to compare specs from different makers. If I'm looking into a card in more depth, I'll use TechPowerUp.com and their database for general information such as TDP, how many PCIe lanes, MSRP at Launch and such. Very useful. For benchmarks, I don't consider TimeSpy to be useful and prefer PassMark.com for not only CPU but GPU results as folks always add to their information. It's also pretty easy to compare different generations of cards such as a 1060, 1660, 2060, 3060 against each other or even look at comparing AMD/Nvidia models in the same segment (3060/6600).
A site like this isn't really made for people like your or me.... It's for likes lot of my friends who while into gaming on pc have zero clue how to really find most of the information you mentioned above let alone thay they even need to.

I think it's a great thing for a seller itself to help its buyers who may not have a lot of knowledge to make atleast a little bit more informed purchase.

Specifically letting people pick games they play and just see the numbers they can expect from each gpu they are looking at is great idea.

If I want proper benchmarks I'll look elsewhere but like I said to me this is perfect for the less informed and casual pc gamers.

Edit: Also it helps me when friends and friends of friends etc get told to reach out to me for info which happens A LOT... to be able to point them to something like this to find out about their favorite game plays on different gpu's especially with games I have zero knowledge on nor care to research.

Did you like it when they exploited people when GPUs were in short supply?
Your exploiting the exploit now. Even you do dishonest things and you know it so get on with your life. There is no reason to get up every day to look for something to make you angry

Newegg used to be top dog until they allowed third party scalping to take place on their site.

Simply sad and will not buy from them any more.

They were literally the "GO TO" place for everything electronic online. Now I'll take an additional hour and a half to two hours of my life and drive to microcenter! Keep my money somewhat local for the most part.

That third party scalping garbage sent me over the edge man ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back