Newly built system freezes randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

three days ago I built myself a brand new system and it worked flawlessly from morning to night. I updated everything and strained the system by playing Napoleon: Total War like a maniac. The day after it freezed while playing Dragon Age: Origins and the problem has haunted me ever since.

The freezing can come at any time, from four hours into the game to after 5 seconds into booting up the computer. The most common places it freezes are during the windows welcoming screen and in the game. The sound continues, like background music, but the screen and mouse freezes completely.

I feel like I've done as much as I can on my level so I seek help from people far more cunning than I. I've updated BIOS, updated all drivers, defragged my hard drive, tried the three RAM-memories I have seperatly, restored the system to before the problems started and so on. The only thing that remains is to unlock the secrets of the .dmp-files and that I can't manage on my own.

So please, if someone has the time to look at these and error message I've gotten and then give me advice on what to do I'll be very grateful!

I'm afraid the error message is in swedish but I'm sure you'll understand the important parts anyway:

Problemsignatur:
Problemhändelsens namn: BlueScreen
OS-version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Språkvariant-ID: 1053

Ytterligare information om problemet:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000C30
BCP2: 0000000000000007
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800FF19307
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

My system:
Asus - Socket 1366 - ATX Intel X58 (P6X58D-E) - PCI-E / DDR3 / SATA / USB 3.0
Asus GeForce GTX 470 1280MB (ENGTX470/2DI/1280MD5)
Corsair 6144MB DDR3 PC3-1500 1866MHz (CL9) (3x2048MB) (TR3X6G1866C9DF)
Corsair PowerSupply (PSU) 850W HX - [HV]
Corsair Hydro Series H50 Liquid CPU Cooler -
Corsair 128GB Nova Series V128 Intern SATA II 2.5" (SSD) - [HV]
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium (PCI-E) - [HV]
Intel Core i7 960 3.20GHz / 8MB / Socket 1366 (Boxed) -
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro Svensk (64-bit) (OEM) (DVD) -
Sony Optiarc Intern SATA DVD±RW 24x AD-7240S - Svart -
Western Digital VelociRaptor IcePack 300GB (10000RPM / 16MB Cache / SATA II / NCQ)

Attachments

• 062110-10186-01.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 062110-15100-01.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 062110-15132-01.zip
    29 KB · Views: 1
No problem. :)

All three errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by drivers. In your case all three dumps specifically cited the Nvidia video driver nvlddmkm.sys as the cause of your crashes. We see this driver a lot here. So, do the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thanks for the quick replies Route44!

I've done as you've instructed, cleansed the Display drivers in Driver Sweeper and reinstalled the newest ones off Nvidia's homepage.

I will immediately start grinding in Dragone Age once again and see if it had any effect, I hope for the best. I'll post later on if everything runs smoothly.

One thing though, the computer has crashed nearly 30 times the last 24 hours, but there's only three minidump files in the minidump folder? Why is that? Shouldn't there be one for each crash or has windows decided to stop recording the error?

Once again, thank you!

My new found happiness lasted for about ten minutes...*sigh*

Same thing, screen freezes, the epic music continues and nothing happens after that. Should I go back to an older set of drivers and try it out? I'm at a loss once again. And why aren't there any more .dmp files in my minidump folder?

As for your first question the answer is yes. Many people find that it works for them. Use the steps I gave you but this time install an older driver that you know is stable.

As for the second question I don't have an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back