Xigmatek NRP-HC1201 @ PureOverclock
Nexus RX-5300/RX-6300 Power Supplies @ DreamWare Computers

Platforms
LGA1156 Plaform and DDR3 Memory @ iXBT Labs

Cooling
Thermalright T-Rad2 VGA cooler @ LanOC Reviews
Zaward Gyre Flow Heatsink Review @ Frostytech

Memory
OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB Kit DDR3-1600/PC3-12800 OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GK Memory @ ocinside.de

Enclosures
Coolmax CN390 NAS Enclosure @ Pro-Clockers

Cases
Thermaltake Element G Review @ XSReviews

Optical Drives
LaCie Portable DVD±RW review @ TechRadar

Permalink to story.

The E-Mail scam article is very helpful. I personally was aware of most of the issues it mentioned, but I will be passing it on to my less "techy" acquaintances :)

Agreed. My first reaction was "who needs coaching to spot an e-mail scam? They're all so obvious..." But what is obvious to me is most definitely not obvious to other people. I'll also be passing it on.

Useful, nothing that I didn't know, but sending it to family members...these things should be second nature to internet users. Like locking your car doors or not leaving you wallet on a park bench.

It's funny how effective the "you've won" scams are. Everyone wants to win a million dollars, so they're willing to at least hope that's not a scam.

They forgot to mention the "to". Scams will not use your name or nick as a recipient. Some legit marketing mails don't use it either, but most often they do.

TomSEA said:
My first reaction was "who needs coaching to spot an e-mail scam? They're all so obvious..."

I second that. And I still wonder how so many people can fall for them. I mean seriously... tech savvy or not, everyone knows the saying "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

DUDE! look at the apple tablet! that looks cool! i bet thats going to cost an arm and 2 legs =)

10 Ways to Spot an E-Mail Scam
Is what I needed . I sent it to all of the people who have sent me stuff like; Microsoft and aol will pay you to forward this email to as many people you can and your get payed for each email. There is no nice way of saying your stupid for falling for that crap.Hopefully this will help it's a good read.

this article is worth reading for. personally, my hotmail account was recently bombarded by lots of scams and fraud saying that i won this and i won that contest which at the first place i didn't entered before.

i think that email scam can be easily detected by merely using our common sence. but i must admit that i fell on one of the hot scam before during the times that i'm still ignorant on computers and internet browsing.

one way also to detect a fraudulent email scam is if they are soliciting your personal data like occupation, nationality and even your full name name, which they should have known for the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back