No Active Network Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
After downloading a installing a program (active sync) my connection got VERY slow on my computer, when i did a system restore thing returned to normal, but after installing the program everything went away (task maneger-network says "no active network adapter) , but the wireless network is working so i know there is a network connection.

you need to be more specific to get help
1. what are your system specs, computer make/model/memory/disk/ What OS and version are you running

2, Need be more specific w/that "no active adapter" message as not familiar from the task manager. capture it and post a pic of it?

a Hp computer
windows xp
celeron prosseser

cant really post a pic of the screen from that computer with no internet connection
its a complety gray screen with those words

1. Look for a tag on your computer (usually bottom of laptops, back of tower for desktops) where it tells you (and please post) what make and model HP computer your have.

2, I'm having difficulty picturing the screen you describe. you say it's completely grey???
  • Is windows still running?
  • Is there a title at the top of the window? What does it say?
  • Is it really a Windows Task Manager window???? (hit Ctl-Alt-Del to bring up Windows Task Manager to see it) Your descript doesn't sound like it's Task manager so trying to figure what window/what is generating the message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back