No beep, no signal input when booting

Hello,

Normally I'm pretty good with computer problems, or at least good with google, but this has me stumped. First, my computer specifications:

ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

Nvidia 550 TI video card

550w PSU

4GB DDR2 RAM (2x2gb)

One year ago, after moving my computer across the country, it refused to start up. The PSU was working, the motherboard was receiving power, but I got no CPU beep upon powering up and my monitor displayed "No signal input - check video cable" before switching to powersaver mode.

Initially, I figured it was a video card or monitor issue. I swapped out my Nvidia 9800 for an Nvidia 550 TI, both of them working cards, swapped out the cables connecting them to the monitor, and swapped out the monitor iteself. No fix.

Then I figured it was a PSU issue and switched that out. It *should* have the power to operate properly, and everything inside sounds right.

I've switched out the RAM, but receive no beep when it's removed or altered. I've reset the motherboard to factory defaults manually (no BIOS screen without a video signal), but no deal. I've disconnected everything not essential to basic operation, but nyet.

As it stands, the only component that I haven't touched is the CPU. I will switch it for an i3, which I think will work with the motherboard (mediocre motherboard, I bought it in 2008 or so), but I want to make sure that it's the problem first.

What, if any, are my options here? Everything I've searched online comes back to the same reasons (faulty wiring, misconfigured components, defective monitors/psu/video cards), but my issue lies in none of those. I've asked on Reddit and it even stumped them. (edit: Everything is properly seated, reseated, and re-reseated as well. I've taken this thing apart at least a dozen times :])

Cheers,
Nico

It sounds like the motherboard is bad... or CPU, but CPU's hardly ever fail. Replacing the motherboard would be my choice. When you remove all the memory you should hear continuous beeps with a working motherboard

Thank you for your reply, mate. I have switched out the motherboard before, but to no avail. It still displayed the same "No signal input - check video cable" on the monitor.

Back