No beeps, no video on startup [Likely due to MBR]

History:
This issue has occurred twice before, both times when I was AFK. Pretty unusual since I'm at my PC 90% of the time, seems to have something to do with the PC idling? Both times it was fixed when the computer randomly entered system restore on startup after I turned it off and on many times. This allowed me to /FixMbr which fixed the issue. After one of these crashes, I scanned the PC with MBAM and SAS and Avast but no viruses. SeaTools said the HDD was okay as well.

Problem:
I was left the PC on for a short while AFK but when I came back, the screen was blank. Monitor light was blinking but nothing I did had any effect. So I powered down the PC and tried to start it up again. When the PC starts up, everything is lit and the hard drive starts spinning but there is no video at all, not even the BIOS screen. No matter how many times I turn it on and off, this remains the same.

The issue is that I can't get into the command line since there's no video at all and I dont know the underlying issue.

PC Specs:
Asus P5P43TD
Kingston 2GB DDR3 * 2
Sapphire HD5850
HEC 600W PSU
Intel Q6600

What I have that might help:
Windows 7 OEM disc that was used to install [The disc drive is broken though]
450W PSU

Misc questions:
Would buying a USB drive and connecting it allow me to boot with the windows 7 disc?
Would the 450W PSU work for this PC?

It would allow you, But if you have no video. There is no way to change the boot order. I would try removing the video card, Then let it boot from the on board graphics. This way at least if its works you can get in to the bios. Sounds like you might have some other issues as well.

Back