No change in DDR2 DRAM Frequency

I have this Mercury ME945WW board http://www.mercury-pc.com/product/1296 So before throwing it in dust-bin I would like to try my luck. It says Supported FSB 533 / 800 / 1066 / 1333 MHz. I am using two Kingston 2048 MB (DDR2-800 PC2-6400) and Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz Processor. But CPUz says that my DRAM frequency is set to 266 Mhz only. Further more if I insert DDR2-667 PC2-5300 then too DRAM frequency is set to 266 Mhz ! Please see attached screenshots.

1.png 2.jpg 1.jpg
My Bios doesn't even display Ram speed so forget about any dram and fsb settings in it. My question is why DRAM frequency doesn't change according to type of RAM? Can someone help me to tweak the board so that I can set DRAM frequency to 400MHz with my DDR2-800 PC2-6400 RAM ?
Many Thanks

OK, stale memories for this... different makers issue...different organization issue (I.e., the layout of the actual chips)...your motherboard / memory controller issue.... all of these can conspire to limit frequency in order to assure stability. Your mix may just not 'work well' at a higher frequency. Check your motherboard manual.

Happy news is that you are not giving up much. You have dual channel. Higher frequency results in more clocks - meaning that the faster you work, the longer you have to wait 'clock-wise' to make sure the work is done in a stable manner. As a result there are not huge differences among the different frequencies for a common technology. There is a significant difference between technologies (I.e., DDR vs DDR2 vs DDR3,, etc) as can be seen here: https://www.transcend-info.com/Support/FAQ-296

If your BIOS does not give you a way to manage RAM frequency, your best bet for 'faster/better' is a new system with newer technology.

Hello friend, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify I am not mixing up two different specs rams. I have got those screenshot by inserting each type of ram at a time. Motherboard manual says it supports FSB 533 / 800 / 1066 / 1333 MHz. Nothing regarding DRAM frequency. Yes my Bios doesn't have any option for setting FSB / DRAM / Ratio. So Just looking if any one has some solution, else upgrade. I understand DDR vs DDR2 vs DDR3 will be big difference.

"Motherboard manual says it supports FSB 533 / 800 / 1066 / 1333 MHz. Nothing regarding DRAM frequency."

If there is nothing in BIOS to set this, then it is time to upgrade.

Hi...DDR2 memory regulators are useful for up to 1066 MHz which would peruse 533 in CPU-Z.

Can your smash arrive at this and be steady? It is extremely unlikely to tell this. Each chip will overclock distinctively so nobody can say. You should give it and test to locate a shot the constraints of your equipment. This is a major piece of overclocking, heaps of time spent testing just to discover you went to far or not far enough.

Back