no color thru Svideo-RCA cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a Svideo to RCA cable to see my notebook output on the TV. It does show the output but everything appears in black and white. Does anyone know what could be causing it.
Thanks much!!
Omkar

check the settings on your display in control panel. set the parameters for output to a second monitor.

still problem

thanks for the reply. I checked everything for my 2nd display(tv). I have GeForce4 420Go. The color quality is highest (32 bit). I checked and changed everything in 'Color Management' and 'Color Correction' tabs. I have a NTSC tv and tried both NTSC options available in 'Device Selection' - Formats but nothing helped. Can I get some latest drivers for my display, incase if that is causing problem.

Are the number of pins on the adapter the same as on the female connector on the notebook? For example, does the adapter have 4 pins while the notebook has 7 or 9 pin holes?

details

My laptop has a 4 pin svideo port and the svideo cable also has 4 pins. Is it what you are asking. On the other side of the cable, I have RCA (yellow, white and red) ; My TV doesn't have Red but I guess that is just for stereo(audio).
Thanks !

A simple S-Video to composite cable does not work. Since you have an nVidia video card, look for an option to force composite output (I remember seeing sth like that). If there is no such thing, then your options are a true S-Video-to-composte converter box or a TV that can accept S-Video input.

thanks for the reply. My current tv actually has svideo but I don't want to buy a svideo-svideo cable because I have another tv (at some other location) that does not have it. so maybe can this be causing it; I mean since it has svideo jack but I am using rca jacks. ALso about the force option you mentioned, is it a display card option/property or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back