No display on TV after installing GF4 MX-440 8X

I've been searching everywhere to solve my problem & I think I may get some help here.

I wanted to watch some video from my computer on my TV screen so I bought a new unopened GF4 MX-440 64MB AGP 8X with VGA & S video out.

I know this is an old card but I installed it so that I could hook up to my TV via S video cable.

The computer is a Dell Dimension 4600 Pentium 4 2.8gh with 2.5Gig Ram.

My original Graphics card is integrated with the
motherboard.
Operating system is XP Pro Service Pack 3.

When I installed it,the computer recognized it & installed it with no problem.
I then upgraded the driver with the latest from the Nvidia site.

When I connect it to the TV via S video cable & select S video input on the TV remote I get nothing & in the Nvidia control panel I did the Television setup wizard & selected clone, & when it finishes it says When you click finish your new television settings will be applied, TV, Connection Type:S-Video, Signal type: M/NTSC
Still nothing on the TV screen.
I tried the Rigorous display detection & the Force television detection & rebooting with no results. I also tried booting without the monitor hooked up to see if it would show up on the TV, but nothing happened.

If I go to Device Manager it says it's working properly & the only Display adapter that is listed is the MX 440.
Under Monitors there is 3 Default & 1 Plug & Play Monitor listed & they are all enabled & working properly.

If I go to Control Panel, Display, Properties, Settings, there are 2 screens showing.
#1 is Plug&Play monitor on NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
#2 is Default Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X & the box is checked for extend my windows desktop onto this monitor.

I hooked up my Sat receiver via s video to the TV & it works so that rules out the TV.

I also have a HP Pavillion a340n so I installed the MX440 in there & the results were the same, nothing on the TV screen.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to get it to display on my TV screen.

Back