No imput signal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDD123

Ok so 2 weeks ago I left my computer on suspend mode for an hour and after I come back I tried to move the mouse and nothing came back on. So I took off the psu cable and plugged it back in only to find it did not start up. I checked the cables, ram, video card and cpu. I know its not the monitor (checked on another computer).1 short beep can be heard but when I disconnect my Hp light scribe drives power no beeps are heard. When my ram disconnects (with no lightscribe drive connected) no beeps are heard. When I put back my cpu in every thing starts (cpu fan, system fan, PSU) and a couple seconds later, it shuts down but when I turn it on without cpu the system fan doesn't work but the cpu fan does. I really don't know what to do please help.

My computer is somewhat old
Hp m7350n
Intel pentium D 920
2gigs ram
nividia 6200 w/tubocahe
300w bestec psu
250g hard drive

The first thing you can try replacing is the power supply, the bestec ones in those HPs aren't the most reliable.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the graphics card because you get a sucessful post beep. Do you have onboard graphics as well? Try hooking the monitor up to that instead, in case the graphics card has failed and it's reverted to the onboard video.

Make sure you've put your CPU back in properly, check the socket for any bent or damaged pins. Also make sure the heatsink for the CPU is on properly, they're a royal PITA to put back on. It should be completely solid once installed and not move at all. The system may have been turning off because the CPU fan wasn't installed correctly and it was turning off to protect itself.

It's strange that it doesn't beep continuously when the memory is taken out, which almost points to it being an issue with the motherboard, but again, the cheapest and easiest option is to try another power supply.

To summarise:
Make sure you've put it back together properly.
Remove the graphics card and try onboard graphics if you have such a port
Try a new power supply.

The first thing you can try replacing is the power supply, the bestec ones in those HPs aren't the most reliable.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the graphics card because you get a sucessful post beep. Do you have onboard graphics as well? Try hooking the monitor up to that instead, in case the graphics card has failed and it's reverted to the onboard video.

Make sure you've put your CPU back in properly, check the socket for any bent or damaged pins. Also make sure the heatsink for the CPU is on properly, they're a royal PITA to put back on. It should be completely solid once installed and not move at all. The system may have been turning off because the CPU fan wasn't installed correctly and it was turning off to protect itself.

It's strange that it doesn't beep continuously when the memory is taken out, which almost points to it being an issue with the motherboard, but again, the cheapest and easiest option is to try another power supply.

To summarise:
Make sure you've put it back together properly.
Remove the graphics card and try onboard graphics if you have such a port
Try a new power supply.

Thanks for the reply, I dont have a onboard graphics chip in my computer but I will try a psu solution which one are a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back