Inactive No remedies working for "windows explorer has stopped working" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've tried using several of the threads found addressing the issue of the seemingly poular "windows explorer has stopped working" error. i've attempted all remedies found on the threads, yet none seem to be helping. i am not even able to access my computer in normal startup. i must run in safe mode (with networking obviously) because anytime i so much as click on anything besides my desktop background, the laptop freezes, displaying the windows error. i am unable to do a system restore (only point found is the current one, and cannot create restore point manually) and can't access internet options (as im in safe mode) to reset options under the advanced tab as i had also seen suggested. all the things that were seeming to work for others aren't for me. i am running on a windows 7 64-bit operating system. if anyone can help me with this crisis i will be eternally grateful!

Let's see, if we can look at your computer booting from an external source.

Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)

• When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    • Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
  • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back