No splash screen for F11 to system restore

cyberdave69

hey my emachine doesnt show the screen to press f11 to restore. i may have some how removed it.. now i get the boot up test screen and have to press f1 to continue.. where can i go to get the f11 screen back??? i went into the bios and change it back to the default settings with no luck. thanks so much for any help

The hard drive may be dieing... or your motherboard. After all it's an e Machines. The F11 system restore is dependent on a second partition of the hard drive. This partition may be corrupt or missing entirely

no the hard drive is fine. i believe the f11 screen was showing before i cleaned the computer with malwarebytes and changed some other things. the has to be a registry setting or something i can change to get the option to recover

yeah it shows the d:recovery drive... i just need to be able to boot to it because the f11 screen isnt popping up at startup. i think some how i stopped it from showing up on startup

What happens if you just hit the F11 key repeatedly at the start of booting up? Will the black options screen show at all? This screen is part of Windows and not just the eMachines bios

Unplug the computer and pull out the CMOS battery (Silver button type) and wait a couple of minutes and reinstall it. Turn on the computer and set the correct time and date... Is this computer running XP?

Also do you have any options to create recovery media, IE burn it to a DVD so you can use that to recover. I thought the emachines generally shipped with recovery media on optical format but I've only worked on a few, which did.

now i've set the bios to the default, but didn't pull the battery out and yes it's xp...now for making the recovery disk, i got the computer second hand and i guess the other owners already used that because when i tried to make them it says i can only make one set of disk.. thanks you guys for helping, but is their any way to go into the registry and change it there or maybe boot up to the recovery partition with third party software??

Back