Nokia Here offers walking and driving directions on iOS

Jos

Nokia is looking to capitalize on the much-publicized Apple Maps flop with the release of its own mapping alternative for iOS. Dubbed Here, the free HTML5-based app uses Navteq data (the same that a majority of in-car navigation systems use)...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50861-nokia-here-offers-walking-and-driving-directions-on-ios.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

captainawesome

Just tried it. I wish they would offer the feature to download for your whole country or at least state maybe at the cost of $10 per country ? That still heavily undercuts competitors like TomToms apps.

MilwaukeeMike

Just tried it. I wish they would offer the feature to download for your whole country or at least state maybe at the cost of $10 per country ? That still heavily undercuts competitors like TomToms apps.
Is this the same maps service that Nokia includes on their Lumia 920 Windows phone? That phone lets you download maps, but I don't know if it's the same service as Here. Also it says you can get local regions... but not whole countries? hmm..

captainawesome

Is this the same maps service that Nokia includes on their Lumia 920 Windows phone? That phone lets you download maps, but I don't know if it's the same service as Here. Also it says you can get local regions... but not whole countries? hmm..
That local regions thing is a farce. You basically download a snapshot of a very small region. Think your immediate neighbours.

G

Lumia 920 actually allows you to download map and one can use the phone like a GPS even without any internet (WIFI or 3G/4G) services

Latest posts