Non-K overclock still posible?

Hello guys , I have msi z170a gaming pro and i3 6100 and wanted to overclock , I flash older bios and tried to overclock and didin't succed , after I quit and save settings the windows 10 right after the postscreen image it restart again and pun the cpu back to nominal speed , I read something about microcode and thats why does't work but I dont know how I can rollback that , if someone know if it's still posible to overclock non-k skylike , please help me

It is possible but for that, you will be needing a good motherboard along with a decent cooler. You can overclock non-K series CPU with the help of good, stable memory.

It is possible but for that, you will be needing a good motherboard along with a decent cooler. You can overclock non-K series CPU with the help of good, stable memory.

My core i5 7400 is overclockable however intel set a limit to it by 3.5ghz.
Confuzie becareful of how far you push the oc on non k versions, for some reason if they are too high clocked.
They will get unstable I had to learn that lesson the hard way twice last year and at xmas but still a good speed boost.

Back