Not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalin

Hey all,

I posted this on another forum, so I may as well copy+paste the post!

I got myself a new HP laptop around a year 1/2 ago. All was working fine until my power adater/charger wire broke, so I had to get a new one. It arrived, I plugged it in and the laptop charging light lit for 2 minutes or so, then went, then came on again (this was a while ago, so I can't remember exactly what happened). I was able to turn on the laptop briefly during this time for 15 minutes or so, all was fine, then it turned off again because it had no charge. Then the light refused to show at all.

So I sent the charger back to Ebuyer, they told me they tested it and it was faulty, OK I said. Got a replacement charger, plugged it in, the light showed straight away, but I couldn't turn on the laptop. I thought maybe I should leave it charging. So I came back after a couple of hours, the light had gone off, and my laptop still dosn't turn on. I tried again the other day too, managed to get a light on the laptop and charger, even heat from the charger and battery, and the charging light turned green to show a full charge, but I wasn't able to turn it on at all.

I'm not sure what the problem could be. 2 faulty power supplies (from different companies) is unlikely. I've also tried running it without the battery in, but connected to the charger, as I hear laptops can run this way. No luck. Surely it must therefore be the laptop itself? The warranty has expired, so i'm not sure what to do now!

Update - I also took my laptop round to my friend's house, 3 of the guys there know there stuff about computers. They opened part of it up but couldn't see what was wrong. They made an interesting point though, at least selling the laptop as faulty for the components will make me around the same as an IT shop would charge to fix it.

Hi

did you buy an original HP part or was it a copy, ive seen some good Dell PSU's blow up laptops as they are overvoltage and not regulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back